Fluval Marine 3.0 will using 2 increase Par? Or should I add a Radion XR15?

Warpigdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 1 Fluval Marine 3.0 on my 90 gallon. It was on my 70 gallon, but I'm concerned about par and the depth on the 90 gallon. I was thinking of adding another Fluval Marine, but will that do anything for par for depth? I'm looking at growing mainly lps, maybe a birds nest. But I don't want to put all my corals mid to high in my tank. I'm considering 1 Radion xr15 blue for right now for over the middle to supplement and then maybe another xr15 blue and moving them to the side and getting rid of the Fluval. Also looking at Hyrdra 15 but am not to crazy about it's height requirement for spread. Adding a second Fluval is the cheapest option right now.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 1 Fluval Marine 3.0 on my 90 gallon. It was on my 70 gallon, but I'm concerned about par and the depth on the 90 gallon. I was thinking of adding another Fluval Marine, but will that do anything for par for depth? I'm looking at growing mainly lps, maybe a birds nest. But I don't want to put all my corals mid to high in my tank. I'm considering 1 Radion xr15 blue for right now for over the middle to supplement and then maybe another xr15 blue and moving them to the side and getting rid of the Fluval. Also looking at Hyrdra 15 but am not to crazy about it's height requirement for spread. Adding a second Fluval is the cheapest option right now.
Get 2-4 @noopsyche 140w they'll cost about the same or less, (they are on sale right now),than the Fluval Marine 3.0 and the power of them will make you think the Fluval Marine is a twinkle light.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get 2-4 @noopsyche 140w they'll cost about the same or less, (they are on sale right now),than the Fluval Marine 3.0 and the power of them will make you think the Fluval Marine is a twinkle light.
Was going to say the same thing, the Noopsyches don’t have the most features, but they are powerful and have great spectrum.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was going to say the same thing, the Noopsyches don’t have the most features, but they are powerful and have great spectrum.
I've had the Fluval Marine 3.0, they don't compare to the Noopsyche at all. Never knew what I was missing until I got the Noopsyche lights

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But to answer the original question... Yes. Adding a second light will increase the PAR. Whether or not it gets you where you want/need to be is another question that only a PAR meter can answer.

psott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Fluval Sea Marine 3.0's on my 72G and it has been going great! Have been getting good growth on on my encrusting sps and softies. These lights are great IMOP as they at 100% waterproof with lots of settings but that being said I don't think it will be near enough light to have LPS in the bottom half of your tank. Most of the PAR numbers I have seen from people is numbers around 100 on the bottom third with these lights but I have yet to rent a PAR meter myself as I was waiting until my second tank is running.

Attachments​

• Tank Nov15 2021.jpg
    Tank Nov15 2021.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 0

Back