Fluval protein skimmer (bubbles)

ILLsaltwaterE1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skimmer had been on for over 2days now and it is making alot of tiny air bubbles I’ve played with the settings and dunked it lower in the tank I’m wondering if all these bubbles are bad. They are for sure a small Nuisance for me but I have the feeling I’m doing something wrong and that’s besides the fact it’s not really skimming anything bad out the water is not dirty that comes out of it

Attachments

• 69405572936__CBF53814-9E73-47B3-B459-6F51A42192C4.MOV
    1.5 MB

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My battery was approaching zero when I tried to download the video epic….did you film the entire 2 days? I’m out.:)

Upvote 0

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually on those types of skimmers they have a line for water level. At least my old tunze did. Most times making sure that is correct helps. I would also take it out and clean it. Soak in some warm water and vinegar. Skimmer is new so it definitely needs a break in period.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

ILLsaltwaterE1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually on those types of skimmers they have a line for water level. At least my old tunze did. Most times making sure that is correct helps. I would also take it out and clean it. Soak in some warm water and vinegar. Skimmer is new so it definitely needs a break in period.
Hopefully it just needs some more breaking in to do but I guess as long as the bubbles are not hurting anything then I’m going to have to deal with them. Lol

Upvote 0

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like it's just getting broken in, the water won't really be brown for a couple of days and usually the micro bubbles will subside and you'll start sucking out dark skimmate.

Upvote 0
Back