Fluval Sea Marine for 29 gallon mixed tank???

Zyara

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to get better lights for my tank. Its still fairly new (4 months old). I'd eventually liked a mixed reef, fish, anemone (bta). Mostly a softy tank but I don't want to limit myself to just those.

My lfs (the biggest one within an hour of me) only has a few options for lighting. I'd like to stay with LEDs if possible. Anyone have experience with the Fluval Sea Marine (32 watts, 25,000K) lights? Are they any good? Any corals I wouldn't be able to get with these lights? I can get 2 of them if I need 2.

Thanks for any help and info!!

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would need 3 or 4 for nems or sps, pretty weak lights. I understand the appeal though with the ramping.

You could start out with two and then if you want sps / nems get another.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just stay away from those all together. 32 watts isn't much power for a 29 gallon, which is 30" long and fairly deep.

You would be better off with a 'black box' like marsaqua or viparspectra if you can get those in Canada. There are arguably better options, but it depends on your budget and what you can get.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to get better lights for my tank. Its still fairly new (4 months old). I'd eventually liked a mixed reef, fish, anemone (bta). Mostly a softy tank but I don't want to limit myself to just those.

My lfs (the biggest one within an hour of me) only has a few options for lighting. I'd like to stay with LEDs if possible. Anyone have experience with the Fluval Sea Marine (32 watts, 25,000K) lights? Are they any good? Any corals I wouldn't be able to get with these lights? I can get 2 of them if I need 2.

Thanks for any help and info!!
I have a similar model but larger for a 90 gallon. 59 watts. I utilize it purely for supplemental lighting to some T5's and to ramp up dawn and dusk.
I would recommend (if you're going to purchase 2 anyway, although you might get away with just one), AI Prime HD, which is carried at most LFS here in Ontario, and the pricepoint isn't too far off the Fluval from what I know. Also has smart controls.

OP
OP
Zyara

Zyara

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all. I will pass on that one then. The only other ones they have are the AquaNest ones. Are those any good? I will post a pic of the tech data it has online about it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210423-111521_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210423-111521_Samsung Internet.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 25

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend (if you're going to purchase 2 anyway, although you might get away with just one), AI Prime HD, which is carried at most LFS here in Ontario, and the pricepoint isn't too far off the Fluval from what I know. Also has smart controls.
2 Primes would be a great choice.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back