Flux Rx and Skimmer

fresco194

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just began a treatment of Flux RX for GHA yesterdy. Pulled My Chemiclean Elite and turned off Skimmer. The direction say to pull carbon and turn off skimmer for 3 days. I planned on keeping the Chemiclean out and skimmer off for at least a weekend do a 30% water change after 21 days instead of 14. I wanted to just leave the skimmer running with the cup raised all the way up for oxygen but it wants to foam up big time and overflow I don't want it to remove any Fluconazole . Questions are will my fish be Ok without the oxygen from the skimmer and should I leave the Chemiclean out and the skimmer off for the whole 21 day treatment or just the 72 hours as recommended?

36g Bowfront (32g volume)
Magniflow 220 Canister Filter
CoralVue HOB 1000 Skimmer
Mixed LPS and Sofites
x2 Clown Fish
x1 Royal Gramma
x1 Azure Damsel
x1 Watchman Goby
x1 Banggai Cardinal

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer will remove the meds from the water so keep it off. They will be fine , just ensure you have some water agitation. I use a air pump to add oxygen to the water during meds.

OP
OP
fresco194

fresco194

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer seems to be holding up right now with cup removed. As soon as I feel the foam is risng to high I will shut off for a while. Should I keep my Chemiclean out for the full 21 days or just 72 hrs? I read it's best to leave the medication as long as possible.

OP
OP
fresco194

fresco194

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer seems to be holding up right now with cup removed. As soon as I feel the foam is risng to high I will shut off for a while. Should I keep my Chemiclean out for the full 21 days or just 72 hrs? I read it's best to leave the medication as long as possible.
I meant Chemipure not chemiclean.

subxero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer will remove the meds from the water so keep it off. They will be fine , just ensure you have some water agitation. I use a air pump to add oxygen to the water during meds.
I have a question. Skimmer is on with the cup removed, nothing will be collected and any overflow will go back into the sump. The med should stay in the water and not removed right?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back