Flux RX

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One week since dosing our 225 gal system with Flux RX for hair and bropsis. As instructed I shut down the skimmer. I did have the UV running the first four days but read it may degrade the medication so unplugged it. It seems to be working at least stopping any new growth. My question is can I restart the skimmer now and what about the UV ? My water is noticeably clearer with the UV.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per manufacture:
Turn off skimmer and discontinue using activated carbon and phosphate remover for 72 hours; they may be resumed after 72 hours

And I would use the UV if it helps

OP
OP
HJ99

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per manufacture:
Turn off skimmer and discontinue using activated carbon and phosphate remover for 72 hours; they may be resumed after 72 hours

And I would use the UV if it helps
That's what I had read but didn't want to decrease the effect. I'm guessing the algae absorbs the med in the 72 hours and that's why they say you can start running the skimmer after that. I would think the UV would be similar. Thanks

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shut down skimmer a day, it always works pretty well for me. But did little against some algae GHA always is gone however. Only thing that worked for me and this algae I never had in 30 years was vibrant. Best my tank has ever been

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back