Flying with fish - can you check fish on a plane?

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take em to an lfs and have them shipped to
You.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If it’s many fish, each airline has their own air cargo
You could arrange the boxes to be on same flight and have them with you upon landing

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I'm moving to Hawaii and want to my bring fish with. I'm seeing mixed info on traveling with fish on a plane. I know you can 100% bring them on the plane with you but that severely limits the amount I can bring with me. I thought, and have read online people doing, checking the fish as cargo like you would if they were being shipped. On the TSA website though it says that is not allowed. Does anyone know the actual rules on this? I wanted to bring around 30 fish up to my largest tang which is 8". Going to be hard getting all those as carry ons.

Thx
You can bring fish on board as carry on but not sure how you'd manage 30 fish though! If it was me, I wouldn't try bringing all that livestock on a move. Moving itself is very stressful for people & livestock and unless you will have tank setup and ready for the livestock in Hawaii as soon as you arrive, I wouldn't risk 30 fish. But if you absolutely had to bring all that fish on a move, I'd do what @tehmadreefer said below only with a trusted LFS and ask them to ship it to you at a later date when you know the tank will have been setup and ready for livestock.
Take em to an lfs and have them shipped to
You.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.6%
Back