FMM Flashing Orange

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jsbzcmcdaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4 month old FMM that I use on my wifes tank as a stand along ATS. It really hasn't worked all that well and after 10-15 minutes of being connected it beeps until I pull the plug. I updated the firmware this morning and plugged it back in and now it just flashes orange. Any ideas?

OP
OP
jsbzcmcdaniel

jsbzcmcdaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to reset with a paper clip but no luck. It just goes back to blinking after it goes through the reset. You can hear a clicking sound when its blinking as well. Almost like its trying to engage something.

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you posted in the Neptune forums too?
They are really good about sorting out issues with their equipment..
Good luck, sorry I couldn’t help your issue..

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use the following procedure?

1566923438014.png

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first place I look when dealing with a temperamental module is the aquabus connection. Is the socket clear and corrosion free. Is the cable clean a corrosion free.

Reefer_Rob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4 month old FMM that I use on my wifes tank as a stand along ATS. It really hasn't worked all that well and after 10-15 minutes of being connected it beeps until I pull the plug. I updated the firmware this morning and plugged it back in and now it just flashes orange. Any ideas?

Did you ever find resolution on this? My ATK V2 will beep for some odd reason. The sump level seems correct to the bottom eye and the reservoir is not low either.....

Once I power cycle, it will stop and go back to blue standby.

Im going to try the reset mentioned in the thread....

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I realize this is an old thread; however, my searches landed me here. I just wanted to share that I've been experiencing the same thing on two of my FMMs, which started suddenly.

I believe I've narrowed it down to an AB cable (a long one running through the dang ceiling!). However, in my t/s endeavors with Neptune, I learned that there would be an update (soonish) that may also cause the same issue (beeping FMM).

Neptune said they would be adding the ability for users to manually invoke the alarm on an FMM. They were concerned that my FMMs somehow received an update and that somehow I had turned the alarm on. However, that isn't the case, so I just wanted to share these tidbits. On the one hand, it sucks for FMMs to randomly misbehave (especially if a cable goes untouched for months and months) On the other, we will eventually get the ability to activate FMM alarms manually via programming soonish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back