Focustronic bulk replacement parts thread (Mastertronic / Alkatronic / Dosetronic)

OP
OP
M

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just opened one that came with the Mastertronic to try and got 78.10mm so there seems to be a bit of a variation even in the OEM needles.
I think shorter is less of a problem than longer. With shorter, you'd need to refill more often, with longer you could have crashes.
I don't have needles from Coralvue as I'm holding my purchase to get yours at a more reasonable price.
I hope the length situation doesn't cause a major delay and you can start selling them before people run out of them and face he need to get the ones from CoralVue.
Hopefully you can recover the initial investment soon and can bring the price down to $1 per needle. I think that would be a really sweet spot.
I'd be happy to try the longer ones you got to see if there is enough clearance in my MT. I'm guessing there is also some variation on the Mastertronic side.
20211006_210955.jpg

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just opened one that came with the Mastertronic to try and got 78.10mm so there seems to be a bit of a variation even in the OEM needles.
I think shorter is less of a problem than longer. With shorter, you'd need to refill more often, with longer you could have crashes.
I don't have needles from Coralvue as I'm holding my purchase to get yours at a more reasonable price.
I hope the length situation doesn't cause a major delay and you can start selling them before people run out of them and face he need to get the ones from CoralVue.
Hopefully you can recover the initial investment soon and can bring the price down to $1 per needle. I think that would be a really sweet spot.
I'd be happy to try the longer ones you got to see if there is enough clearance in my MT. I'm guessing there is also some variation on the Mastertronic side.
20211006_210955.jpg
Thanks. I did a bunch of measuring, it looks like our manufacturer has MUCH better QC. We just need to get the length dialed in and we're in business

1633801119388.png

OP
OP
M

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think "FuzzyTronic" will focus on needles only. You can buy 100 syringes at Amazon for ~$10. I don't see any value in trying to bundle them with the needles. I would only make the package/shipping more expensive.

castires

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think "FuzzyTronic" will focus on needles only. You can buy 100 syringes at Amazon for ~$10. I don't see any value in trying to bundle them with the needles. I would only make the package/shipping more expensive.
I reread the thread after posting that and came to the same conclusion. So I have already ordered 100 from Amazon. I ordered the items to make the silicon caps as well. So now just need the syringes.

OP
OP
M

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, give a like to @robocop1906 's post, kudos to him for sharing the silicon caps option. I got them to and they work perfect.
@castires once you receive your syringes and confirm they work OK could you share the name of the item so others can buy with confidence?
I would share mine but the one I ordered was a combo with multiple sizes. The 1ml fit well but I don't think people will need the rest.

castires

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, give a like to @robocop1906 's post, kudos to him for sharing the silicon caps option. I got them to and they work perfect.
@castires once you receive your syringes and confirm they work OK could you share the name of the item so others can buy with confidence?
I would share mine but the one I ordered was a combo with multiple sizes. The 1ml fit well but I don't think people will need the rest.
Will do.

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Correct. Syringes can be ordered on Amazon. Final fitment will be done this week then the needles ship!

Next I want to tackle bulk filter fleece. :)

OP
OP
M

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct. Syringes can be ordered on Amazon. Final fitment will be done this week then the needles ship!

Next I want to tackle bulk filter fleece. :)
Awesome, BRS needs some competition!
Which systems are you considering supporting?
There is a supplier I found here in R2R, Precision Converting LLC, but they didn't have the right size for the Trigger Systems sump (1 1/4" ID) and there weren't big savings compared with the OEM ones so I'm still buying the OEMs.

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome, BRS needs some competition!
Which systems are you considering supporting?
There is a supplier I found here in R2R, Precision Converting LLC, but they didn't have the right size for the Trigger Systems sump (1 1/4" ID) and there weren't big savings compared with the OEM ones so I'm still buying the OEMs.
Adapters are easy for the rollers. They have a 24" roll which could be cut into 4 6" sections. At 200yrds = 300 ft x 4 rolls = 1200ft for $49. The clarisea is 131ft for $35. That's 0.04/ft vs $0.26/ft. Sounds worth it to me. Are you sure this is the same fleece that's being used in the hobby? 50 micron (nominal) rayon/polyester

OP
OP
M

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it might be worth it to revisit the subject and see if they have smaller diameter cores now. At that time I was looking for a 1.0oz polypropylene roll. I probably saw a recommendation for that material here in R2R or just considered it because it didn't contain formaldehyde.
The Trigger sump can accommodate rolls up to 4.5" outside diameter and with a 2" diameter core, they could only fit 25 yards per roll. You piqued my interest but I see I'm derailing the conversation (Focustronic replacement parts), maybe we can create a dedicated thread to discuss further?

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If they are not all, already called for, I would definitely like to order from you as well.
Nothing is spoken for as of yet, we want to ensure a quality product.

I really need them
Working on it asap!

I'm really hopeful this will be a great solution. We had to have our own custom mold made. Once we get them, we will update here !

sark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing is spoken for as of yet, we want to ensure a quality product.

Working on it asap!

I'm really hopeful this will be a great solution. We had to have our own custom mold made. Once we get them, we will update here !
Did you get the shipment?

Back