Focustronic releases details on the Mastertronic:

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was surprised there wasn't a post about this already, but we finally have some more details about the Mastertronic! I'm a big fan of my Alkatronic and really want a auto tester for Nitrate and Phosphate, so this is def on my radar. It'll be interesting to see how they price it relative to something like the ReefBot, but I guess we'll see. No release date as of yet.

RBWvGyy.jpg

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side note: While at reefapalooza today, I spoke with Lou Ekus of Tropic Marin. He said ReefBot owners are loving the TM test kits, but he hasn't spoken to Focustronic about the Mastertronic as of yet. I've been hearing a lot of good things about the TM nitrate kit, but hadn't tried it yet, and he was nice enough to give me a kit. Crossing my fingers the Mastertronic is out soon so I don't have to keep testing manually #firstworldproblems :p

Will-Yum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait for this to be available to sit next to my Alkatronic. I hope its priced cheaper than the alkatronic since you have to buy others test kits, no LCD display.

Will-Yum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just last night I read a FB post from Focustronic that said they're working hard to have it released at the end of the year.

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i Wonder if focustronic has a booth at macna. I’d love to pick there brains on how it’s intended to work

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Will-Yum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping they price it the same or below the Trident. If not they will probably push buyers away.
I think if they do that they could get buyers that haven't bought the Alkatronic to push them sales up too.

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been very pleased with my Alkatronic and Dosetronic, I will likely end up with one of these as well :)

I don’t see them listed https://macnaconference.org/2019/exhibit/
1566404225527.png

@SneakyTortuga

Coralvue is the distributor. They would be the ones to visit. They didn't have much to say at Reefapalooza (at least in term of release date.) But with other competitors (like ION Director) getting updatess, we'll hopefully get some more concrete info.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping they price it the same or below the Trident. If not they will probably push buyers away.
I think if they do that they could get buyers that haven't bought the Alkatronic to push them sales up too.

If its similar tech to ReefBot (sounds like it is) that would be the competitor to compare $ to. Trident does 3, and requires a controller to even function. Mastertronic does 4 (or more in the future) and is a standalone unit. Def a big difference.

What I want to know is, can you swap out tests like Reefbot? It says it uses "existing reagents from the best test kits on the market" so I'm assuming yes. Unless they worked out a deal with certain vendors to buy their reagents in bulk or something... we need info soon!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was surprised there wasn't a post about this already, but we finally have some more details about the Mastertronic! I'm a big fan of my Alkatronic and really want a auto tester for Nitrate and Phosphate, so this is def on my radar. It'll be interesting to see how they price it relative to something like the ReefBot, but I guess we'll see. No release date as of yet.

RBWvGyy.jpg
Very cool!

Will-Yum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its similar tech to ReefBot (sounds like it is) that would be the competitor to compare $ to. Trident does 3, and requires a controller to even function. Mastertronic does 4 (or more in the future) and is a standalone unit. Def a big difference.

What I want to know is, can you swap out tests like Reefbot? It says it uses "existing reagents from the best test kits on the market" so I'm assuming yes. Unless they worked out a deal with certain vendors to buy their reagents in bulk or something... we need info soon!

You can use whatever test kit you prefer to use. They stated that on their FB page. If you want to use red sea for calcium and API for alk or vise versa.

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use whatever test kit you prefer to use. They stated that on their FB page. If you want to use red sea for calcium and API for alk or vise versa.

Which means we could do Alk instead of owning an Alkatronic. I wonder if they would put limitations on Alk kits as to not eat away at the sales of another product... doubtful they would. certainly hope not anyway... Did they specifically mention Alk in their post?

Will-Yum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Focustronic said they wont be at MACNA but they're sure Coralvue will have a few to sale.

They also said if you have any questions to reach out to Focustronic directly and they will answer anything.

Will-Yum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which means we could do Alk instead of owning an Alkatronic. I wonder if they would put limitations on Alk kits as to not eat away at the sales of another product... doubtful they would. certainly hope not anyway... Did they specifically mention Alk in their post?

So sorry I meant PO4 not "alk".

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I kinda wonder the same thing. Will they allow alk to work since they already have the alk monitor? The tech will certainly be present in the device to measure alk. I'll be curious to see how they decide to navigate that.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back