Foods For Clown Triggers.

Ashley1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,
I'm new here few days after joining, forgive any posts i may put in the wrong place.
My question is i have a clown trigger, who would eat i think anything i would give him!
Does anyone else have a trigger with any good diet ideas, i feed him, mysis, krill,brine,mussels, cockles,little frozen fish and a dry pellet food.
But i'm wondering if it is a good idea to maybe go supermarket and try some fresher foods?
I was thinking maybe crab meat,fresher fish,prawns
any idea what would be safe and good for him please?
Any help i would appreciate
Thank you
Ashley.

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine ate frozen half shell clam, silversides, Krill and lettuce. I will stay away from the fresh seafood from the market unless you know how to sterilize them.

OP
OP
A

Ashley1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine ate frozen half shell clam, silversides, Krill and lettuce. I will stay away from the fresh seafood from the market unless you know how to sterilize them.
Thanks for the advice guys , yeah , i was not sure about fresh seafood as you say, i suppose you would have to be very careful with fresh food in case it goes off.

OP
OP
A

Ashley1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rod’s food. They have a special predator formulation but all are excellent.
I just checked Rods foods, unfortunately its based in usa im in uk , but that you for suggestion ,
over here i think we have a much limited choice the is only a few main brands.
Ashley.

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked Rods foods, unfortunately its based in usa im in uk , but that you for suggestion ,
over here i think we have a much limited choice the is only a few main brands.
Ashley.
I look into the Hikari UK and they don't even offer any frozen food. There must be some kind of restriction to import frozen food into UK. Here in US, we have so many choices of frozen food offer from Hikari https://www.hikariusa.com/frozen.html

OP
OP
A

Ashley1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look into the Hikari UK and they don't even offer any frozen food. There must be some kind of restriction to import frozen food into UK. Here in US, we have so many choices of frozen food offer from Hikari https://www.hikariusa.com/frozen.html
I know!! we can only get certain hikari dry foods not that many actually . Its making things a bit difficult for choice for him and the diet i would like him to have . Thanks
Ashley.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got frozen Shrimp, Scallops, Tilapia, some other small fish, and just cleaned and rinsed with RO water and blended. My fish love it and it much more cleaner than the frozen Mysis i was using. I consider my blend very similar to LRS reef frenzy and I can always add variety later.

I prefer frozen seafood for myself bc I've stunk up the house making fresh Cod, However, I have not had the same problem when cooking frozen Cod. Seafood spoils fast so doesnt make sense to by fresh seafood from the grocery store that is on Ice for maybe few days and then sitting in fridge for another few days.

20220703_182033.jpg

20220703_184735.jpg

OP
OP
A

Ashley1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all, I will buy some fresh fish foods tomorrow and try. And as suggested above above , but what i will do is cut it all and prepare it to bite size for him so i can defrost as needed. And as above is a good idea wash and cleanse with R/O water.
I will take all advice provided
Thanks Guys,
Ashley.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back