For Canadians: Group buy dwarf seahorses (H. Zosterae)

madzg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow Canadians. As you know getting seahorses in Canada is difficult but getting dwarf seahorses is near impossible. I have managed to find a lfs here in Canada that has a connection in Florida that is willing to do the paperwork to export these guys but the minimum purchase is 100 seahorses from the seller. I have seen a lot of threads from folks asking if these are available in Canada so I thought I would put this post out to see how many folks are interested to see if a group buy is possible. These creatures are very social so the recommendation is to purchase at least four. Note: It won't be cheap to bring them in. The price per seahorse will be approx. $80 - $120/seahorse (CAD) then approx. another $70 to ship them out from the lfs. I'm thinking if anyone in the Toronto/GTAH area is willing to come to my place then I can have those guys shipped to me to save money. The same could be done for other areas as well. If you're interested or have questions feel free to reply to this thread or pm me. Please provide your city and how many seahorses you're interested in. Ensure you have read the threads on keeping these guys (feeding, tank requirements, etc) so you know whether they are the right addition to your setup. They are best kept in tiny tanks (10g or less and most say between 2g and 5g). They are very tiny so make a great pico inhabitant.

This is just a preliminary "who's interested" thread.

Thanks!
Do you still have some for sale? Or know where to get them in Canada?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back