For Fish in QT For Ich Metroplex and Focus?

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to Seachem and they said that if I feed my fish in QT Metroplex with Focus for 28 days the system would be free of ich. I don't see any ich, but want to treat for it anyway.

If the above is not a valid treatment I was thinking Cupramine (because I have some) and the new Hanna Copper tester.

I have the following and all are doing well and eating well:

Copperband
Longnose Hawk
Red Coris Wrasse
Checkerboard Wrasse
Six Line Wrasse

Thoughts? Advice?

deedubz

nuttier than a squirrel turd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to need to use copper, ttm, or CP. Unfortunately, metro won't cure ich. If it did, it'd be the undisputed "go to" for ich treatment.

That said, given the number of wrasses you have, I'd recommend using chelated copper... Preferably Copper Power given the recent "poo" storm that is Copper(un)safe. You'll love that Hanna copper checker..The thing is as accurate as it gets in this hobby.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out that link. You will definitely want the 16oz. I use a 40b for QT as well. I went through more than a 4oz bottle even using it a reduced rate. You have to consider WC schedule during copper as well.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do you have to be at 1.75ppm Copperpower to eradicate any possible ich?
Technically 11-14 days ONLY if you’re transferring them to another completely sterile QT.

For the other 99% of us, it’s 30 days :)

deedubz

nuttier than a squirrel turd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! It’s great that there’s so much knowledge at R2R and willingness to share!

This place is unlike ANY forum I've ever been a part of. The lack of name-calling, the ability to have nearly any question answered within hours (sometimes minutes), and the willingness of the people who've been in the hobby for years to help those of us who haven't. Welcome, friend, to R2R!

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This place is unlike ANY forum I've ever been a part of. The lack of name-calling, the ability to have nearly any question answered within hours (sometimes minutes), and the willingness of the people who've been in the hobby for years to help those of us who haven't. Welcome, friend, to R2R!

I 2nd that. You see people being direct, but rarely used with disrespect. There are so many contreversial portions of this hobby, and for the most part people very dimplomatic on those topics. That's why I love R2R!

OP
OP
FirstContact

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A lot of forums are just too singular with opinions and fighting over manufacturers. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back