• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

For Sale Male Blue Star Leopard Wrasse (or aka Vermiculite Wrasse or Divided Wrasse)

Rukk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Male Blue Star Leopard Wrasse up for Sale.

Over two years ago I purchased two of the Blue Stars. They were about an inch long and of course both female. After about a year, the slightly larger one started transitioning to male. All seemed well. ......until recently when the remaining smaller female decided to turn male as well and now they are no longer buds. I didn't think that would happen but it did so I obviously thought incorrectly.

The larger one is now about 4". The smaller one I am offering for Sale appears to be a solid 3".

Here's a couple of pics of the problem:

The larger "Original" Male
big.jpg

and the smaller "new" male that is for Sale:
less big.jpg

FTS:
full.jpg

If he is not fully transitioned he's pretty close. I am in San Antonio, TX if anyone in the area is interested please let me know. Don't really want to try to ship since they don't ship well. I do occasionally trade fish just to change things up, but I have had these two in my tank for over two years because I really liked the look, but now that both are male, well there is no future there that ends well...

Asking $90; might consider trade.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 65 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back