For those of you in clubs.... Need advice

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to start a saltwater club in Erie Pa... What do you do at your monthly meetings?

What are your favorite club activities or discussions?

What do you like best?
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

AHDOnline

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there is a decent sized freshwater club up there that I would get in contact with on some ideas and possible topic sharing. Starting a successful club is not as easy as it sounds.

Remember that just because you know it doesnt mean others do and might be to embarrassed to ask. How to test my parameters, sump design, how to frag coral are all big meetings for a lot of clubs.

Don't forget to team up with MASNA (masna.org) to get help and other resources such as speaker information and how to host a speaker.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First off if you need a forum let me know and I will set it up. It will be a place you can direct locals to about the new club.

Ok as for clubs our local club was always pretty informal and we liked it that way. Meeting were monthly at someones home who had a tank that we could all view. We would pick a food theme and then all bring enough food for everyone. We would eat, look at the tank, and then we would have a time to either have a hobby specific talk, or address club business. One of the things our club always did was put on a yearly swap.

Having a club is what introduced me to two of my best buddies in the hobby and in life. :D

OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great. Absolutely... If I can get something going I will let you know. I've been trying to direct everyone to r2r.

How many were in your club? We probably won't have too many so the house meetings would be good. Otherwise many once a qtr at those that want to host. I know that is what I'd want to do myself (see other's tanks).

Thank you.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

rchrdpnc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that sounds awsome im trying to start a club in western mass. i nred all the help i can get

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back