For those of you who have had corals spawn, what is your lighting and temp schedule?

bexlc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you who had corals spawn, what was your light and temp schedule? Did you change it through the year? Run lunar? Have any other light pollution like house/shop lights on? Change temp? What type of coral and when did it occur (time of year)?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great topic, but no traffic thus far.
I know spawning is sychronized with moon, tidal, temperature, general coral health, colony size being proposed or identifide as working factors that cue up wild spawning but I have not followed the science reporting the understanding that exists in this complex question. I got old and lazy and maybe too scattered to keep up and learn new things but I am very glad that you have proposed this general question as a topic for people on here to discuss. I;m not sure why there isn't a lot of people offering up answers other than sexual reproduction in corals with broadcast spawning isn't as easy as cutting frags and superglueing them down to propigate new colonies.

So I'll punt; (and bump this up to see if we can get people engaged to discuss this.)

Google said;

Lets Go Ok GIF by Kathryn Dean
Anybody? :)

OP
OP
bexlc

bexlc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Corals.com anything you'd be willing to share? I know you've recently had some torches spawn at your facility.

OP
OP
bexlc

bexlc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great topic, but no traffic thus far.
I know spawning is sychronized with moon, tidal, temperature, general coral health, colony size being proposed or identifide as working factors that cue up wild spawning but I have not followed the science reporting the understanding that exists in this complex question. I got old and lazy and maybe too scattered to keep up and learn new things but I am very glad that you have proposed this general question as a topic for people on here to discuss. I;m not sure why there isn't a lot of people offering up answers other than sexual reproduction in corals with broadcast spawning isn't as easy as cutting frags and superglueing them down to propigate new colonies.

So I'll punt; (and bump this up to see if we can get people engaged to discuss this.)

Google said;

Lets Go Ok GIF by Kathryn Dean
Anybody? :)

I'm a huge fan of Jamie. I've read and watched all of his stuff. Amazing work!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back