For you that aren’t on GHLs Facebook group: A request for an ION D video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ask for a refund?

I want the product. So this isn’t the answer. However the longer they drag this out it’s a consideration.

I didn't interpret this thread as an ultimatum, but more holding them accountable to their word.
+1 absolutely correct.

Seems to me since the Forum owner is now involved that someone has complained.

My request isn’t an unreasonable one. I think it’s pretty fair. Show me the ION Director in action, like you said you would.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is an option, however it doesn't change the fact that they promised a video.

Like some, I paid for a unit back in December knowing full well that I wouldn't see it any time soon. I'm not as eager as MSgt, but he's a dog with a bone.

I didn't interpret this thread as an ultimatum, but more holding them accountable to their word.

Hopefully they will respond with some info. I know it's a weird time in our world right now but maybe a new message for you guys.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure that if someone was a nag to you everyday about the same old thing, you'd grow tired of it as well. Can you please stop now?

They are evidently not getting tired of holding onto hundreds of customers money. They could simply refund everyone and say that they will take preorders again when they have a finished product.

This has literally become a Kickstarter Program with no predetermined delivery date, no idea what the finished product will look like or how it will operate. I find it highly disturbing that there is now a possibility that an actual working first gen unit may have never existed. If it did exist you would think they would take out a phone and at least take some video of it doing a series of tests. At this point who cares if it's from an independent person or GHL directly, just film it.
Prove to people that what they paid for is real and not just a mock up.

Last edited:

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When a video is ready to be made, the video will be released. You're acting like revisions happen over night.

If you have an issue with waiting, ask for your money back, its probably not hard to get. I've got more money tied up with GHL than many of you and I'm being patient. If that were to change I would simply ask for a refund. You do realize that GHL is giving pre-orders a discount, correct? They didn't have to do that and nobody knew that Covid19 was going to screw up the world of business.

If you want someone to blame for this, go blame China for exporting this virus that has brought the world economy to it's knees.

Now, this is not the same situation as what occurred with Neptune systems and their Trident release bungle but it sure looks like a few people in this community are working hard to make it out to be like that. Stop!

If you want to see this as GHL not delivering what was promised than just get your refund and wait around with YOUR money in YOUR pocket until the ION director becomes available after revisions. If you had pre-ordered an item with me and that item couldn't be delivered on time I wouldn't even hesitate to refund your money.

This thread should be closed with the simple instruction, ask for a refund with whomever you placed your pre-order with. You're constant pestering is not going to get a response that is going to satisfy you.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When a video is ready to be made, the video will be released. You're acting like revisions happen over night.

If you have an issue with waiting, ask for your money back, its probably not hard to get. I've got more money tied up with GHL than many of you and I'm being patient. If that were to change I would simply ask for a refund. You do realize that GHL is giving pre-orders a discount, correct? They didn't have to do that and nobody knew that Covid19 was going to screw up the world of business.

If you want someone to blame for this, go blame China for exporting this virus that has brought the world economy to it's knees.

Now, this is not the same situation as what occurred with Neptune systems and their Trident release bungle but it sure looks like a few people in this community are working hard to make it out to be like that. Stop!

If you want to see this as GHL not delivering what was promised than just get your refund and wait around with YOUR money in YOUR pocket until the ION director becomes available after revisions. If you had pre-ordered an item with me and that item couldn't be delivered on time I wouldn't even hesitate to refund your money.

This thread should be closed with the simple instruction, ask for a refund with whomever you placed your pre-order with. You're constant pestering is not going to get a response that is going to satisfy you.
Wow... just wow.. thankfully you’re not a Mod here and we are free to discuss this. Fortunately for you, you can just set me to ignore and your problems are solved.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would invite you to look over the thread again. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Sounds like there are other threads or social media posts that are hammering GHL for the delay and you took up your cross to scorch those that don't see things your way... this thread has shown respect to differing views, theres no reason to get personal.

No one's demanding a refund, they just want to see a working unit, they're not looking for a motion picture quality vides with perfect lighting, multiple camera angles and last minute revisions. They want to put their mind at ease that this isn't all smoke and mirrors.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are units being tested in NA, and have been for months. That doesn't allay the whole video thing, but comparing this company to some Kickstarter scam company, I mean, a bit much.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, so investing in the product makes it none of our business?

I'm afraid not. They're free to conduct business as they see fit.

You are welcomed to ask for your money back, I'm sure you will get it. Other than that, you do not get to dictate how a business chooses to operate in this case. You should move on my friend.

You're missing the point. They promised a video and months later they've not yet made good on that promise.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would invite you to look over the thread again. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Sounds like there are other threads or social media posts that are hammering GHL for the delay and you took up your cross to scorch those that don't see things your way... this thread has shown respect to differing views, theres no reason to get personal.

No one's demanding a refund, they just want to see a working unit, they're not looking for a motion picture quality vides with perfect lighting, multiple camera angles and last minute revisions. They want to put their mind at ease that this isn't all smoke and mirrors.
Nothing about my comments have been personal but I'm sick of seeing a quality company being attacked like this. GHL has not let the community down.

You can have your views but they can also be kept closer to your chest. If you have a problem with the reasonable delay, take it up directly with whom you pre-ordered through. This doesn't need to addressed such as it is on this forum in this manner.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm afraid not. They're free to conduct business as they see fit.

You're missing the point. They promised a video and months later they've not yet made good on that promise.
They promised a video, yes, when they have their revised unit ready to be recorded.

Please be patient. Asking every day for a video to be released is just being a pest. Let them focus on the work that needs to be done than having to deal with a distraction. There's been enough proof to satisfy they aren't scamming people. https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/ion-director-update-about-the-shipment/

Autumn 2020 begins in 76 days, a fallow period. It's not long.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are welcomed to ask for your money back, I'm sure you will get it. Other than that, you do not get to dictate how a business chooses to operate in this case. You should move on my friend.
I’m flattered that you think I’m your friend. But in this case I will politly disagree and disregard your advice.

I have a different view on GHL than you and have not been as happy as you with the product or support. I got it working so it’s fine. But no company should make promises and not follow through or if they can’t follow through at least give a fair reason why.

But lets keep some perspective here. This is about them supplying a simple video of a working product. A product they claim is working.. should be pretty easy at that point then.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m flattered that you think I’m your friend. But in this case I will politly disagree and disregard your advice.

I have a different view on GHL than you and have not been as happy as you with the product or support. I got it working so it’s fine. But no company should make promises and not follow through or if they can’t follow through at least give a fair reason why.

But lets keep some perspective here. This is about them supplying a simple video of a working product. A product they claim is working.. should be pretty easy at that point then.
You could try calling GHL in Germany and taking this directly up with them, that would make more sense, correct?

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try calling GHL in Germany and taking this directly up with them, that would make more sense, correct?
I want to thank you for your assistance in helping maintain this thread at the TOP of the GHL support forum.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are units being tested in NA, and have been for months. That doesn't allay the whole video thing, but comparing this company to some Kickstarter scam company, I mean, a bit much.
Kickstarter does not mean scam or they would have been out of business a long time ago. It is a gamble and some pay off and other do not. The reference to Kickstarter is made because the Ion Director project is just like a Kickstarter project.

1) Your asked to pay upfront for an unfinished product.
2) Your given a discount because your paying for the development of the product.
3) You only get some basic type presentation to tell you what the product will hopefully look like
4) No Firm Release date is ever given

As for patents, if they have not already filed for patents on this they would be insane. That contradicts the "Lots of Beta Testers" theory. If GHL is like Aquatronica then I am sure that any Beta testers are in Germany and only Germany. More importantly, you don't give Beta testers a product unless the patents have been filed. If not anyone of them could turn around and sell your ideas to a competitor.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%

Back