For you that aren’t on GHLs Facebook group: A request for an ION D video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
COVID has been arund long anough now that comanies should of been able to adjust and resource supplie from other companies. If GHL *own* the design of the probe they should be able to go to any manufacturer and get it mass produced. Heck, even if if add an additional $50 to the price of a unit they should cop the loss of pre-paid units and adjust the RRP for future sales - at least they would be getting a product to market.

To the points above a "working video of a unit" was promised months ago - they have working prototypes - even that would suffice. My the silence is deafening.

1599690723272.png

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Argh! I need to make a decision this month on which platform to use. This silence is crazy. Why won’t you give me a date GHL?!? Now I have to take my cousin (Apex) to the dance...

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Argh! I need to make a decision this month on which platform to use. This silence is crazy. Why won’t you give me a date GHL?!? Now I have to take my cousin (Apex) to the dance...
I really hope they come up with an announcement.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From https://www.facebook.com/groups/GHLOwners/

Matthias Groß wrote yesterday:

"Hi guys, we understand your concerns, we really do. We posted a few months ago information via our newsletter and on our web page about the planned release date (Autumn THIS year) and the reasons for it. It was not only about COVID, there were also other important reasons. The information given that time is still valid. At the moment we have not many new things to share, sorry.

We have been asked many times about a IOND video. You will get it! As mentioned before I was not allowed to publish more details about the IOND or even to show a video since we were in the process of patenting several features of the IOND (and besides that I didn't want to be copied by competitors...) Since patenting will be completed by the end of next week we finally can do and show a video! I am currently in the GHL USA warehouse in Wilmington, NC. Vinny flies in next weekend, it is planned to do the IOND video in the week after that. So we can publish the video in the last September week.

So and here the question to you all:
What information would you like to see? We try to cover everything which is important in that video, so please let us know."

Be patient

Gaël

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I am not a Facebook member and the page is private I cannot even see his message.
If anyone is on there please let them know that All I want to see is the Ion D do the full battery of tests on a container of SW and show the pumps in motion and the data coming in live. It does not matter if it's a one hour long video it just needs to be a seamless video showing everything at work.

Last edited:

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I am not a Facebook member and the page is private I cannot even see his message.
If anyone is on there please let them know that All I want to see is the Ion D do the full battery of tests on a container of SW and show the pumps in motion and the data coming in live. It does not matter if it's a one hour long video it just needs to be a seamless video showing everything at work.
I did, but to be honest I told them to do it from a reference fluid, like the one from the picture Matthias showed few months ago. Otherwise we will never know how accurate it may be. (god knows the values in that tank)

107733082_1340792892781238_973487918800808145_o.jpg

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did, but to be honest I told them to do it from a reference fluid, like the one from the picture Matthias showed few months ago. Otherwise we will never know how accurate it may be. (god knows the values in that tank)

I would like the video to have sound to hear how quiet/loud it is during operation. Don’t want to hear the fancy elevator music over the video

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The only problem with reference fluid is that since it has a very specific content it does not have all the Sodium, chloride and all the other chemicals in NSW that might throw an Ion Probe out of whack.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problem with reference fluid is that since it has a very specific content it does not have all the Sodium, chloride and all the other chemicals in NSW that might throw an Ion Probe out of whack.
But then, how would you do it? Manual testing is not reliable, even if you do ICP and then test, you will se a big difference due to the time gap between the tests, unless you have an in-house ICP machine.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But then, how would you do it? Manual testing is not reliable, even if you do ICP and then test, you will se a big difference due to the time gap between the tests, unless you have an in-house ICP machine.
Yeah it is kind of hard to know the SW numbers will still be accurate after a one week wait. It's kind of a mixed bag, on one hand I would love to see a sample tested on video and then compare it with results from Triton. On the other hand your right about the changes that might occur. At this point I guess it's probably just best to use a reference fluid or maybe they could seal away a second sample and run it on the Ion Director the same day that Triton produces the results. Do you think that would keep the consistency relatively close?

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Matthias Groß explained the video was waiting pn patienting then that would of helped (communication is key). Also showing a video of the unit working (without the internals) could of been delivered without any patent really. I don't think people want a video of the unit open and working - just drawing a sample, testing it, logging it, maybe adjusting a vlaue based on the outcome (and driving another dosing head to adjust, etc.

Haven't pre-ordered but I'm still keen to see it working

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are dangling the carrot a little more to keep people interested. Was the patents for the cover of the unit? Come on....

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Matthias Groß explained the video was waiting pn patienting then that would of helped (communication is key). Also showing a video of the unit working (without the internals) could of been delivered without any patent really. I don't think people want a video of the unit open and working - just drawing a sample, testing it, logging it, maybe adjusting a vlaue based on the outcome (and driving another dosing head to adjust, etc.

Haven't pre-ordered but I'm still keen to see it working

The adjustment of a value based on reading is already done by the KHDirector, so I am 100% sure that will work, it keeps my alk at 8.4-8.6 through the day just fine!

Just testing is enough, really.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it is kind of hard to know the SW numbers will still be accurate after a one week wait. It's kind of a mixed bag, on one hand I would love to see a sample tested on video and then compare it with results from Triton. On the other hand your right about the changes that might occur. At this point I guess it's probably just best to use a reference fluid or maybe they could seal away a second sample and run it on the Ion Director the same day that Triton produces the results. Do you think that would keep the consistency relatively close?
To be honest with you, I believe the only way would be drawing at same time, and doing ICP (which has its limits, anyway) and IOND. If you bottle a sample, the temp changes/microevaporation will throw off the results anyway, unfortunately.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm just getting the patents now on a product that was supposed to be in the hands of customers several months ago is a highly unusual..
In their defense, if they really changed some parts of the design while the COVID delays happened. I can see how they may want to patent the “new change”. Not that I believe it is a smart move, but I can give them this..

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In their defense, if they really changed some parts of the design while the COVID delays happened. I can see how they may want to patent the “new change”. Not that I believe it is a smart move, but I can give them this..
Your way more optimistic than me. Your assuming we are going to see the new version of the iON Director? That would be nice especially for GHL sales but honestly I was just expecting the old one to be demonstrated.

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From https://www.facebook.com/groups/GHLOwners/

Matthias Groß wrote yesterday:

"Hi guys, we understand your concerns, we really do. We posted a few months ago information via our newsletter and on our web page about the planned release date (Autumn THIS year) and the reasons for it. It was not only about COVID, there were also other important reasons. The information given that time is still valid. At the moment we have not many new things to share, sorry.

We have been asked many times about a IOND video. You will get it! As mentioned before I was not allowed to publish more details about the IOND or even to show a video since we were in the process of patenting several features of the IOND (and besides that I didn't want to be copied by competitors...) Since patenting will be completed by the end of next week we finally can do and show a video! I am currently in the GHL USA warehouse in Wilmington, NC. Vinny flies in next weekend, it is planned to do the IOND video in the week after that. So we can publish the video in the last September week.

So and here the question to you all:
What information would you like to see? We try to cover everything which is important in that video, so please let us know."

Be patient

Gaël
It's funny, I deal with patents, as soon as you show the public you're invention that's when patent pending starts. so you have a protection for one year and I'm pretty sure if they have a working product the patent will be ready sooner than expected. That argument flies against reason

it's funny cuz you guys want to see it working, you're not asking to see the schematics or the inner workings. That's where patents really apply. The outside design yes, but again. Patent pending protects their ideas

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back