For you that aren’t on GHLs Facebook group: A request for an ION D video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you not on Facebook, I asked GHL this question:
With all the ION delays, can we at least see one in action? Please post a video of the ION going through the paces. Many of us have given you allot of money and still have no product. We understand delays due to manufacturing and parts delays. We just want to know our money is going to a working product.

GHLs responce:
We understand your concern and appreciate your patience and understanding. To "We just want to know our money is going to a working product." I can only reply: YES. Even better than originally announced. We already planned a demo, but recorded from a neutral third party. Not to prove something (I believe that most people have confidence in GHL to launch such a product), but to get even more people interested in that amazing product. Stay tuned. Your money is well invested.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any news on a video of the original version in operation?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the product didn't exist, then why would we make these? ;)
1592410483965.png

Or what about this video of the "non-existent" product in production?

Patience my friends.
The wait will be worth it. :cool:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no doubt it exists but it is kind of odd that GHL has never shown one actually working. It kind of feels like those mock up units companies make for trade shows and then cover them in glass cases. We know that is not the case here so why not show it performing a test on a water sample?

MabuyaQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live at Reef-a-palooza Chicago 2019

Live at German convention

On channel of one of the German beta-testers

Seems to have been a real product over 6 months ago so why wouldn't be now anymore.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live at Reef-a-palooza Chicago 2019

Live at German convention

On channel of one of the German beta-testers

Seems to have been a real product over 6 months ago so why wouldn't be now anymore.

Thanks but I have seen all those videos and none of them show the unit in operation. In the first video the unit is not even on or doing anything but at least the hoses are connected.

The second video is literally an Ion Director underneath a glass box. The funny part is the guy has a PC screen with all sorts of readings but when you look at the ion director there are no input hoses connected to dosing pump and the IonD has no probe in it.

The Third video is just a guy holding up a metal box and talking about it.

Last edited:

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks but I have seen all those videos and none of them show the unit in operation. In the first video the unit is not even on or doing anything but at least the hoses are connected.

The second video is literally an Ion Director underneath a glass box. They funny part is the guy has a PC screen with all sorts of readings but when you look at the ion director there are no input hoses connected to dosing pump and the IonD has no probe in it.

Good observations TBH. I also looked on YouTube, doesn’t seem like any functioning units have been seen by the public. Just enough glimpses of mock-ups to keep people interested during delays.

Excited to see when people get them, the tech appears pretty cool.

Last edited:

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The product exists and will be released to incredible fan fare. Can we chill out please?
I don't think people are really mad they just don't want to see happen to them like what happened with the trident. here it comes for 2 years and all the waiting. if people see it in action at least they know its close to being done instead of just waiting around.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, they got our money from the preorder, so I chill only if and when I will get mine delivered to be honest.. I understand the pandemic, the delays and whatever, but, given I hope they have a functioning unit.. how long does it take to make a brief video..? I rather know I didn’t just funded a kickstarter..

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The second video is literally an Ion Director underneath a glass box. They funny part is the guy has a PC screen with all sorts of readings but when you look at the ion director there are no input hoses connected to dosing pump and the IonD has no probe in it.

Lol good catch on cracking up. The equipment below are all lit up and running. The ion and doser don't even have power cables into it. Classic!

MabuyaQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can't really comment on the first video as I haven't been there myself.

The 'secret' (not to me as I've been there myself) is that is not one IOND is present in the second video and the only one shown in the video is not the one connected to that laptop, it is just used to display the product to public.

The third video is from a beta-tester that tells a bit about his personal experience including how measured values matche against other measurements (Hanna), he just can't show more due to NDA. Guess it must be the language barrier that prevented you from catching this.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't really comment on the first video as I haven't been there myself.

The 'secret' (not to me as I've been there myself) is that is not one IOND is present in the second video and the only one shown in the video is not the one connected to that laptop, it is just used to display the product to public.

The third video is from a beta-tester that tells a bit about his personal experience including how measured values matche against other measurements (Hanna), he just can't show more due to NDA. Guess it must be the language barrier that prevented you from catching this.
I don't get that! In the second video why have another IonD hidden behind door number two when your demonstrating the product right in front of you to the public. That's absolutely bizarre.

On the third video I did catch the part about him talking about NDA's. I made a post about that on this forum. It really does not matter much because he does not really have anything to show us.

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im In the uk and ordered the ghl kh director 2 weeks later and still waiting,apparently shortage of parts so might be same with this unit

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im In the uk and ordered the ghl kh director 2 weeks later and still waiting,apparently shortage of parts so might be same with this unit
Sure, nobody denies that there is a supply chain issue at the moment.. but what people are asking for is just a video of a functioning unit, that’s all.. If there is one at this point..

Last edited:

MabuyaQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get that! In the second video why have another IonD hidden behind door number two when your demonstrating the product right in front of you to the public. That's absolutely bizarre.

On the third video I did catch the part about him talking about NDA's. I made a post about that on this forum. It really does not matter much because he does not really have anything to show us.

Standardized setup for these shows, the practicality of showing of the product at eyelevel against operating it at eyelevel (never seen anybody operate his aquariumcomputer at eyelevel) makes it not as bizarre as you think.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see the video GHL promised us of a running IOND.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back