For you that aren’t on GHLs Facebook group: A request for an ION D video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Autumn 2020 begins in 76 days, a fallow period. It's not long.

Did they say it would be released at the very start of Autumn? Nope! So that could be 76 days or 166 days. They left themselves a lot of wiggle room. I wonder what you will say in 166 Days if they delay it again?

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they say it would be released at the very start of Autumn? Nope! So that could be 76 days or 166 days. They left themselves a lot of wiggle room. I wonder what you will say in 166 Days if they delay it again until December 2020?
I'm confident that we will receive further information along the way, I'm not going to be barking at anybody come September 22nd. Even if I felt the need to do that I wouldn't be spreading it on this platform, I'd pick up the phone and call a rep for the company.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to thank you for your assistance in helping maintain this thread at the TOP of the GHL support forum.

Technically not their support forum. It is a R2R sponsor forum. On said support forum I see that they are still having supply issues.
Kickstarter does not mean scam or they would have been out of business a long time ago. It is a gamble and some pay off and other do not. The reference to Kickstarter is made because the Ion Director project is just like a Kickstarter project.

1) Your asked to pay upfront for an unfinished product.
2) Your given a discount because your paying for the development of the product.
3) You only get some basic type presentation to tell you what the product will hopefully look like
4) No Firm Release date is ever given

As for patents, if they have not already filed for patents on this they would be insane. That contradicts the "Lots of Beta Testers" theory. If GHL is like Aquatronica then I am sure that any Beta testers are in Germany and only Germany. More importantly, you don't give Beta testers a product unless the patents have been filed. If not anyone of them could turn around and sell your ideas to a competitor.

Sounds like people that put down a deposit on a pre-release Tesla Model 3 or midengine Corvette than a kickstarter, but I understand your axe grinding.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are evidently not getting tired of holding onto hundreds of customers money. They could simply refund everyone and say that they will take preorders again when they have a finished product.

giphy.gif

The whole upfront payment thing is completely irrelevant. Everybody who made an order agreed to those terms when they made it and they have an option to can cancel and get a refund at anytime.
A normal mature adult will either just wait until they get their MS Ion Director or cancel their order if it's taking to long for them.

They are not holding you at gun point and taking your money. It's as simple as that and requires no further debate.

Yes one has to wonder what is the reason for all of his bashing since he has no skin in the game.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

LOL Mindstream had a real product. Hundreds of people had them in their hands and had been using them for months. Is the Ion Director real? Has anyone seen one actually operate? Have you seen it operational or even a video of it operating?
Your comparing two different things. We are asking for a proof that the product actually exists and are being ignored by GHL.

Mindstream had a supply issue but no one was questioning if the Mindstream was a real working product or if SAI was collecting deposits on an empty shell.

BTW you were one of the number one people trying your best to destroy SAI and Mindstream, yet your here defending GHL. That is very odd and also Hypocritical.

Last edited:

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW you were one of the number one people trying to destroy SAI and Mindstream, yet your here in a far worst situation defending GHL. That is very odd and also Hypocritical.

I’ve said nothing about GHL in this thread, my post was nothing but your quoted words and a gif. My comment was pointing out that you are trying to be SAI’s white knight, then piling on in this thread despite HaViNg No SkIn In ThE gAmE. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve said nothing about GHL in this thread. My comment was pointing out that you are trying to be SAI’s white knight, then piling on in this thread despite HaViNg No SkIn In ThE gAmE. :)
Evidently as usual you do not know what your talking about. I did pay in FULL for a unit and GHL had my money for 3+ months while I waited on the product. I even stayed through the first delay but asked for my money back when they added a possible 7 month waiting period to this ordeal.
Even then I have said I will purchase one when they are released. So YES I do HavE Skin in the Game! Unlike you with the Mindstream I did put up money before getting into the conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hee haw, hee haw.

It’s ok to admit you went overboard on the SAI stuff and were blinded by your hope for them. You seem to be a little more reasonable in this thread, except for the doubling down on how it’s ok for you to be critical about GHL but others shouldn’t have been about SAI :)

From all the SAI threads, I thought your stance was no $ = no skin.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has nothing to do with SAI, mindstream... so who cares. You‘re just derailing this.

However, this thread does have to do with GHL saying they would provide a video of a working ION. So please keep on subject.

Thanks.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinny has been very quiet, has anybody asked him for an update?

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've talked with him. This doesn't have much to do with Vinny as the production for the ION Director is from Germany.

This is not an official statement from anybody from GHL but I will say this...

A video or other similar information will be available when GHL is ready to release it, theyre not going to be forced to do something before theyre ready to.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I see this has few options:

- either they had a concept with no working prototype (more probable, as you don’t change/improve a product right before mass production with the need to re-run beta testing)
- they have a working prototype and the results are so inconsistent that they are afraid people would pull out if that’s revealed
- they banned cameras in Germany

don’t see any other reason why they shouldn’t release a video..

The facts are:

- promised release in end 2019 (pre-covid) > didn’t happen
- promised release in april (pre-covid) > didn’t happen either because of covid (maybe)
- currently promised for fall 2020 (76 to 166 days from today)
- they basically runned a kickstarter and got our 800$ each
- no video or proof that a working prototype exists
- bunch of metal sheets being printed off with ION D name on it (with 4 holes, which if they use only 3 pumps now, they will need to trash and start over, as there is an extra hole)
- 1 circuit board maybe produced for ION D or maybe not

The company keeps the deepest silence and runs the official Facebook group with strong moderation (each post there needs to be approved by them before being posted), at least here we can have a voice, if someone doesn’t like that, look somewhere else, it’s everyone’s forum.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinny tends to go silent on these types of debates. Heck, I’ve tried calling, leaving messages and never get a return call. Back when my Maxi doser line blew out the guy ignored all attempts to reach him and never an apology. So yea.. I wouldn’t count on him to say anything.

Simply said, GHL could silence this post by chiming in and explaining why they said they would do a video and choose not to. Or just produce a video..

But like others I’m feeling snookered.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinny tends to go silent on these types of debates. Heck, I’ve tried calling, leaving messages and never get a return call. Back when my Maxi doser line blew out the guy ignored all attempts to reach him and never an apology. So yea.. I wouldn’t count on him to say anything.

Simply said, GHL could silence this post by chiming in and explaining why they said they would do a video and choose not to. Or just produce a video..

But like others I’m feeling snookered.

To be honest with you, I feel mocked by them.. this is definitely not good advertising.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I just Emailed Vinny, Canceled my ION and backordered items. I can wait and see if this thing turns out to work or not. But they just lost another preorder.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back