For you that aren’t on GHLs Facebook group: A request for an ION D video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One spot closer to the front for me!
There is no front of the line!
Vinny told me "We will get delivery for all the pre ordered Ion Directors in one shipment plus a few extra units". They will all ship out within a day or two of arrival.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ken,
I'm "new" to the GHL game, switched over from a full APEX system (using since the ACIII with X-10). I did pre-pay to reserve a spot. Unfortunately, since I was late to the game, I didn't get the discount you early buyers did.
I truly hope, not for my sake, that GHL surprises us and deliverers early.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinny told me "We will get delivery for all the pre ordered Ion Directors in one shipment plus a few extra units". They will all ship out within a day or two of arrival.
But I didn't pre-order, us that didn't but still paid, "might" get moved up a notch.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinny tends to go silent on these types of debates. Heck, I’ve tried calling, leaving messages and never get a return call. Back when my Maxi doser line blew out the guy ignored all attempts to reach him and never an apology. So yea.. I wouldn’t count on him to say anything.

Simply said, GHL could silence this post by chiming in and explaining why they said they would do a video and choose not to. Or just produce a video..

But like others I’m feeling snookered.
It's one of the major issues I have had with dealing with all EU companies. Dealing with Aquatronica in Italy the CS take is that anyone that needs to ask a question about the setup is just to lazy to read the manual and they simply will not respond to you. They also feel like it is impossible for their hardware to fail and while it is true that it rarely fails, it can happen and when it does they are dismissive and will begrudgingly replace the item if you send them the old one and they examine it and find your correct. This can be a 2-3 week ordeal.

I though Vinny was different but I have never had to deal with him when it comes to a problem. It's when you have an issue that you learn exactly how good the CS is.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ken,
I'm "new" to the GHL game, switched over from a full APEX system (using since the ACIII with X-10). I did pre-pay to reserve a spot. Unfortunately, since I was late to the game, I didn't get the discount you early buyers did.
I truly hope, not for my sake, that GHL surprises us and deliverers early.
The few dollars savings between preorders and regular orders is nominal compared to how I’m feeling towards GHL. If this thing ever comes to fruition I might get it. Piece of mind is worth far more than a few dollars savings.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Least I’ll have my money in case it flops. Well, provided I get my refund..
The few dollars savings between preorders and regular orders is nominal compared to how I’m feeling towards GHL. If this thing ever comes to fruition I might get it. Piece of mind is worth far more than a few dollars savings.
You can get a Trident like I did. It will cost you maybe $300 more because of the EL and included powerbar but at least you can get it now. I don't trust the Apex for anything mission critical but as far as water testing goes the Trident is pretty accurate and it's available now! Also you can just sell it when the Ion D comes out and maybe only lose 10% of what you spent.

Last edited:

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all,

thank you so much for putting so much trust in GHL, and thank you that most of you can't wait to see the ION Director live as soon as possible and finally get it in autumn.
GHL received several thousand pre-orders, even now, after the pre-order discount is no longer valid, we still receive pre-orders regularly. Many customers even want to pay the full price in advance, although this is not necessary. This is an incredible proof of confidence. Of course, every pre-orderer can get his deposit back at any time - but this hasn't happened even a dozen times worldwide so far.
We greatly appreciate the trust, it motivates the whole team to work as fast and accurately as possible.

Read the latest official news about the IOND here:

Thanks again - we honestly appreciate your business!

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all,

thank you so much for putting so much trust in GHL, and thank you that most of you can't wait to see the ION Director live as soon as possible and finally get it in autumn.
GHL received several thousand pre-orders, even now, after the pre-order discount is no longer valid, we still receive pre-orders regularly. Many customers even want to pay the full price in advance, although this is not necessary. This is an incredible proof of confidence. Of course, every pre-orderer can get his deposit back at any time - but this hasn't happened even a dozen times worldwide so far.
We greatly appreciate the trust, it motivates the whole team to work as fast and accurately as possible.

HA, figures..

We will show more details shortly, a video is also planned. As there are already some imitators in the starting blocks and we are still in the process of patenting, we have to hold back with details, for this we kindly ask for your understanding.
@Sisterlimonpot It's like they read your post and answered it direct. ;)

Here we show the result of the last measurement in the laboratory. In order to be able to correctly and effectively evaluate the measurement accuracy of the ION Director, we have had accurate test liquids produced by one of the best companies in Europe that manufacture products for water chemistry and have their own high-precision ICP. Many thanks to Oceamo from Austria for their support. To test only with “real” aquarium water is not sufficient, because the exact composition of this water is not clear. The test kits and test devices available on the market are far too inaccurate for this.
The photo shows the nominal values on the bottle (max. 1% tolerance) and the values measured by the IOND, which show only relative deviations in a small percentage range.

1594375153900.png
Wondering if it will have the ability to read in PPM?

Last edited:

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all,

Thanks for the update, @Matthias Gross. I am about to order an ION Director on your European website but I can't see any facility to just pay a deposit rather than the full price which you have referred to

Also if I ordered now am I likely to receive my order in the first allocation when Autumn Delivery starts

Many thanks

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many do. Kind of funny how the hobby has settled on a mish-mash of measurement units for a variety of things.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update, @Matthias Gross. I am about to order an ION Director on your European website but I can't see any facility to just pay a deposit rather than the full price which you have referred to

Also if I ordered now am I likely to receive my order in the first allocation when Autumn Delivery starts

Many thanks

I don't know who of our dealers are accepting a deposit, but we can help you to find one in your area. Either you order directly at GHL (we accept deposits) or we find a dealer for you. Please contact us directly: [email protected].
About the deliveries: We must be fair and ship strictly in the order we received orders from our customers. I need to be honest here: We have a few thousand pre-orders and we can't ship them all at the same time, this means: The later the order came in, the later we can ship to this customer. Of course we do everything to keep the time to send to everyone as short as possible. But there are logistic (and physical) limitations ...

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry, but this is not what was said.

As mentioned above, all orders are shipped in the order they are received. Once we have a count of how many will be received in the first shipment, we will be able to better determine how many shipments it will take to cover those who pre-ordered.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sisterlimonpot It's like they read your post and answered it direct. ;)

Nobody has asked them for a video of the new system. We have been asking about a video of the old system which would already have all it's patents. I guess the next response will be that they have destroyed all the old units!

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know who of our dealers are accepting a deposit, but we can help you to find one in your area. Either you order directly at GHL (we accept deposits) or we find a dealer for you. Please contact us directly: [email protected].
About the deliveries: We must be fair and ship strictly in the order we received orders from our customers. I need to be honest here: We have a few thousand pre-orders and we can't ship them all at the same time, this means: The later the order came in, the later we can ship to this customer. Of course, we do everything to keep the time to send to everyone as short as possible. But there are logistic (and physical) limitations ...
Matthias thanks for the reply and I will send an email as you have suggested

Back