For you that aren’t on GHLs Facebook group: A request for an ION D video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... I'm ready for you to talk to me about the IonD...
I cannot believe that they actually did a sneak peek video and then a Promo Video, I only posted that in Jest and now it turns out to be real :)

I guess they don't have anybody who is skilled at quickly editing together video shots. I am pretty sure it has been filmed and Vinny is already back in the USA. Come on guys just release the video and please give us some specific delivery date info.

Last edited:

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... I'm ready for you to talk to me about the IonD...
What do you want to know that hasn’t already been said?
Haha, I found it funny that it started with them introducing themselves and preface the video by saying they are going to talk about the IonD and then the video goes silent with dialog...

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Matthias Groß wrote

"Vinny flies in next weekend, it is planned to do the IOND video in the week after that. So we can publish the video in the last September week.

Be patient

Gaël
So, maybe it’s just me, but I was expecting a complete video end of September based on the above reply. Posting teasers at the advertised deadline seems anti-climactic at best or I guess par for the course with this rollout. Is there an over/under wager on a COVID vaccine beating the ION Director to the market? :rolleyes:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, maybe it’s just me, but I was expecting a complete video end of September based on the above reply. Posting teasers at the advertised deadline seems anti-climactic at best or I guess par for the course with this rollout. Is there an over/under wager on a COVID vaccine beating the ION Director to the market? :rolleyes:
Most likely it's just an editing thing. I would imagine that since it's in English it might be simpler for Vinny to just bring back the raw footage and get someone to edit it over here.
At this point it's hard to imagine that they would go this far and not deliver.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, it's because of delay on patenting:
"*** Full video will be released as soon as our patenting allows it."

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guys, it's because of delay on patenting:
"*** Full video will be released as soon as our patenting allows it."
What is the outlook for that? I’m not too familiar on the process. I thought patent pending was sufficient to go to move forward with a product but this isn’t my domain.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the outlook for that? I’m not too familiar on the process. I thought patent pending was sufficient to go to move forward with a product but this isn’t my domain.
I am familiar with this and yes it is sufficient protection even under EU laws.
In any case I have no idea what a competitor would learn by seeing some motors spinning and numbers showing up on a PC screen. Maybe if they were doing a tear down of the product I could see a reason.

Last edited:

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fall doesn't end until December 21.
So there are 2 months left, we are still on schedule of the last announcement :)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fall doesn't end until December 21.
So there are 2 months left, we are still on schedule of the last announcement :)
LAST ANNOUNCEMENT:

Matthias Groß wrote yesterday:

"Hi guys, we understand your concerns, we really do. We posted a few months ago information via our newsletter and on our web page about the planned release date (Autumn THIS year) and the reasons for it. It was not only about COVID, there were also other important reasons. The information given that time is still valid. At the moment we have not many new things to share, sorry.

We have been asked many times about a IOND video. You will get it! As mentioned before I was not allowed to publish more details about the IOND or even to show a video since we were in the process of patenting several features of the IOND (and besides that I didn't want to be copied by competitors...) Since patenting will be completed by the end of next week we finally can do and show a video! I am currently in the GHL USA warehouse in Wilmington, NC. Vinny flies in next weekend, it is planned to do the IOND video in the week after that. So we can publish the video in the last September week.

So and here the question to you all:
What information would you like to see? We try to cover everything which is important in that video, so please let us know."

Be patient

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LAST ANNOUNCEMENT:

Matthias Groß wrote yesterday:

"Hi guys, we understand your concerns, we really do. We posted a few months ago information via our newsletter and on our web page about the planned release date (Autumn THIS year) and the reasons for it. It was not only about COVID, there were also other important reasons. The information given that time is still valid. At the moment we have not many new things to share, sorry.

We have been asked many times about a IOND video. You will get it! As mentioned before I was not allowed to publish more details about the IOND or even to show a video since we were in the process of patenting several features of the IOND (and besides that I didn't want to be copied by competitors...) Since patenting will be completed by the end of next week we finally can do and show a video! I am currently in the GHL USA warehouse in Wilmington, NC. Vinny flies in next weekend, it is planned to do the IOND video in the week after that. So we can publish the video in the last September week.

So and here the question to you all:
What information would you like to see? We try to cover everything which is important in that video, so please let us know."

Patenting takes longer than expected, that's all

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next week was over six weeks ago so the patents should have been in hand a long time ago.
Bottom line was a promise of a video by the end of September. I am not sure that GHL realizes that we have several engineers on the forum who know how the patent system works.

Last edited:

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Next week was over a six weeks ago so the patents should have been in hand a long time ago.
Bottom line was a promise of a video by the end of September. I am not sure that GHL realizes that we have several engineers on the forum who know how the patent system works.

This statement
“We posted a few months ago information via our newsletter and on our web page about the planned release date (Autumn THIS year)...”

My real question is what does GHL plan to give in Autumn? I know now based on this thread and GHL’s reminder there are two months left that getting anything before the last day of Autumn (12/21) is false hope. Seeing how communications are being handled, I can’t tell if we should expect an actual product being sold in Autumn or we are just getting a release date only.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still a little patience, I am confident that we will not regret our investment and that there will be an announcement soon. :)

Back