For you that aren’t on GHLs Facebook group: A request for an ION D video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

eliasi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, for what it's worth.... I don't think they have a working product. In fact, I doubt they ever managed to get the ION probe to work. They've never had (or yet to have) a working product ready to go to market and now they're scrambling for a solution.

And before I get lynched for expressing my baseless and factless opinion, I think I'm entitled to it. After all, we've never been offered any actual concrete information, so it's only fair that we are allowed to speculate.

I've had skin in the game since Dec last year and I'm ticked!

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, for what it's worth.... I don't think they have a working product. In fact, I doubt they ever managed to get the ION probe to work. They've never had (or yet to have) a working product ready to go to market and now they're scrambling for a solution.

And before I get lynched for expressing my baseless and factless opinion, I think I'm entitled to it. After all, we've never been offered any actual concrete information, so it's only fair that we are allowed to speculate.

I've had skin in the game since Dec last year and I'm ticked!
My initial reaction to your opinion was that there is no way that’s true, but searching back through threads I only see support in the form of ‘trust them’, ‘patience’, and ‘they’re a quality brand’. I hope you are not correct but I also understand you have every reason to feel this way right now.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Product is real and work.

The video shot in mid-September 2020, can unfortunately not be released as the IOND patent has yet to be finalized. They assume that they will be able to publish the video in a little less than 2 weeks and ask for a little patience.

Official news as well as delivery information will come in few time (today).

Gaël

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You forgot available versus year-long promise.

Careful, Trident was promised ~3 years before it was released and despite demand Neptune still went surprise Pikachu on release. The big difference is Neptune didn't take preorders and let the community/influencers hype it.

This is very similar to the Mindstream situation but it differs a lot in that SAI had videos of the product working and more importantly they had a user base on the forum that actually had units in their hands and showed us data and graphs.

This is a false comparison because Mindstream was a no-name company kickstarter versus 20 years in the business. Now for a real comparison... looking at the Vertex Controller is a better analogy.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Careful, Trident was promised ~3 years before it was released and despite demand Neptune still went surprise Pikachu on release. The big difference is Neptune didn't take preorders and let the community/influencers hype it.

I was referring to the current moment in time in my response to the other post. No company has a pristine track record of course.

What I think is not being addressed is the general level of frustration and the believability of the communications/reasons being provided. My concern is that all of this builds up to create a level of expectation that this product be perfect on day 1 or it will be a chaotic mess from the user community. Not sure that’s a bar any company wants to set for themselves with a new product release.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two things:

- By taking preorders, GHL gets a feeling for the marketplace of their products
- Preorders are people taking a risk on a new, unproven product which SHOULD cause the company to dispense timely information to their INVESTORS

The lack of consistent communication will eventually start building a wall of distrust because a company and the consumers and that's what you are seeing in this post and Facebook.

Just my thoughts....

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Two things:

- By taking preorders, GHL gets a feeling for the marketplace of their products
- Preorders are people taking a risk on a new, unproven product which SHOULD cause the company to dispense timely information to their INVESTORS

The lack of consistent communication will eventually start building a wall of distrust because a company and the consumers and that's what you are seeing in this post and Facebook.

Just my thoughts....
I agree. It’s also prospective buyers that see pre-order customers being upset that also hurts the story (especially if the product comes out with significant flaws). I think our points are consistent.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a false comparison because Mindstream was a no-name company kickstarter versus 20 years in the business. Now for a real comparison... looking at the Vertex Controller is a better analogy.

Based on your statement that Mindstream was just a Kickstarter I can tell that you don't really know the story about Mindstream. Yes, they originally did start to raise money at one point via Kickstarter that proved to be useless compared to the amount of cash that was needed. So they got investors involved. One of their main Investors / owners was a well known coffee making company listed on the stock exchange along with another guy who runs a multi billion dollar business in NY. Over ten million was dumped into the Mindstream which far surpasses what GHL has spent on the Ion director. The Net value of the owners far far surpassed the Value of GHL. The vast size of the people involved in the company was also the reason for SAI sudden down fall.

Unlike a Matthias who would scratch and bleed to protect GHL, the Step Ahead Innovation owners just saw the Mindstream as a problematic part of their vast business empire and with a stroke of a pen just ended it and went to lunch (and yes I mean that literally). So get the notion out of your head that this was an underfunded company because in reality it was a wealthy company but it's subdivision did not deliver the numbers it promised on time so it just got sold.
And the comparison is perfectly valid as they are both water testing devices that took deposits from people and both did not deliver on time. The big difference is that we know one of them had a product that worked for sure and the other one is us just hoping that it works. That is until we actually get the devices and run them for a period of time.

Last edited:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Product is real and work.

The video shot in mid-September 2020, can unfortunately not be released as the IOND patent has yet to be finalized. They assume that they will be able to publish the video in a little less than 2 weeks and ask for a little patience.

Official news as well as delivery information will come in few time (today).

Gaël
So your saying today we will get a firm delivery date?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your saying today we will get a firm delivery date?
The publication of the video depends only on the finalization of the patent. Normally it should be ok in less than 2 weeks.
For IOND delivery I wouldn't say anything more about it, the official announcement (that will come very soon, in few hours) will explain this very well.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on your statement that Mindstream was just a Kickstarter I can tell that you don't really know the story about Mindstream. Yes, they originally did start to raise money at one point via Kickstarter that proved to be useless compared to the amount of cash that was needed. So they got investors involved. One of their main Investors / owners was a well known coffee making company listed on the stock exchange along with another guy who runs a multi billion dollar business in NY. Over ten million was dumped into the Mindstream which is far surpasses what GHL has spent on the Ion director. The Net value of the owners far far surpassed the Value of GHL. The vast size of the people involved in the company was also the reason for SAI sudden down fall.

Unlike a Matthias who would scratch and bleed to protect GHL, the Step Ahead Innovation owners just saw the Mindstream as a problematic part of their vast business empire and with a stroke of a pen just ended it and went to lunch (and yes I mean that literally). So get the notion out of your head that this was an underfunded company because in reality it was a wealthy company but it's subdivision did not deliver the numbers it promised on time so it just got sold.
And the comparison is perfectly valid as they are both water testing devices that took deposits from people and both did not deliver on time. The big difference is that we know one of them worked for sure and the other one we are just hoping that it works.

The amount of investors or capital doesn't change the fact that SAI was a kickstarter and a startup that failed on first product. Its a poor analogy and better for suited towards preparing a prepayment of taxes.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The publication of the video depends only on the finalization of the patent. Normally it should be ok in less than 2 weeks.
For IOND delivery I wouldn't say anything more about it, the official announcement (that will come very soon, in few hours) will explain this very well.
Thanks Gaël. I have to admit that I wish you did work for GHL because you’re very good at responding and communicating .

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets hope you are right and some form of communication is forthcoming today

eliasi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn’t Germany 5hrs ahead of U.S. EDT? Like 11pm there right now isn’t it?
Exactly! but who knows... a few hours could be like all the "very soon" that we've been getting from GHL in the last year.
If GHL want to patent anything, perhaps they need look at patenting the term "Very Soon"!

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly! but who knows... a few hours could be like all the "very soon" that we've been getting from GHL in the last year.
If GHL want to patent anything, perhaps they need look at patenting the term "Very Soon"!
In which, GHL will respond, "We can't disclose the nature of our progress because we are waiting for approval of our "trademark response". In which time, when we recieve approval we will respond appropriately"

eliasi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In which, GHL will respond, "We can't disclose the nature of our progress because we are waiting for approval of our "trademark response". In which time, when we recieve approval we will respond appropriately"
Spot On!.... we could practically write the script.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back