Found a new ... thing?

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is four months old. I have not put any new livestock in my tanks in quite some time now. I just found this guy after a water change (heavy vacuum) I know the pic is bad. I’ve tried a dozen pics... all kinds of lights. These are the best I have been able to come up with. This one is a Little bigger than a pea... and it kinna... glows... no idea what it is

AC250CD8-25D7-46C8-9165-3BBA6B58EEDE.jpeg
70B37982-8CB8-4131-ABB6-970988A7A954.jpeg

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very possible it’s from the live rock. Keep it where you can see it, might turn out to be something really cool!!

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More of a closer resemblance to a mushroom perhaps. Looks like a fleshy, single body. Let it growww! It's too early to tell at the moment

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More of a closer resemblance to a mushroom perhaps. Looks like a fleshy, single body. Let it growww! It's too early to tell at the moment
I definitely want to let it grow, but I am about to reach a point of impasse. if he grows onto the bigger rock, his very small rock is sitting on...And becomes attached to it... and he ends up needing higher light, or better flow. He is screwed. Right now he is low flow and no direct light.

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely want to let it grow, but I am about to reach a point of impasse. if he grows onto the bigger rock, his very small rock is sitting on...And becomes attached to it... and he ends up needing higher light, or better flow. He is screwed. Right now he is low flow and no direct light.

So take yourself out of that permanence of a situation and glue it onto a frag plug or a small rock. Keep it mobile, and leave it in low-low medium flow with light in the 100 par range. It's going to take much more time before it shows any appreciated or distaste towards the conditions, at-least two-three weeks? It's only been one week since you discovered it, and you've placed it somewhere that seems proficient. Let it do its thing

On another note, mushrooms can also turn white in very low light, not just bright beaming light. Keep this in mind.

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So take yourself out of that permanence of a situation and glue it onto a frag plug or a small rock. Keep it mobile, and leave it in low-low medium flow with light in the 100 par range. It's going to take much more time before it shows any appreciated or distaste towards the conditions, at-least two-three weeks? It's only been one week since you discovered it, and you've placed it somewhere that seems proficient. Let it do its thing

On another note, mushrooms can also turn white in very low light, not just bright beaming light. Keep this in mind.
I love when I get a response like this! Simply undeniable logic. Being new at this it never occurred to me to just put it on a plug or a small rock. (Feeling silly now) lol

Thank you!

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love when I get a response like this! Simply undeniable logic. Being new at this it never occurred to me to just put it on a plug or a small rock. (Feeling silly now) lol

Thank you!
It just occurred to me a couple weeks ago to use rubble pieces to glue frags to and I’ve been at this for over a year. Don’t feel bad :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back