Found in overflow

Shabalaba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this in my overflow and thought it was an anemone at first. However it is definitely not, and has a squishy consistency with several branching arms from the base. Is it some type of algae? The color is reddish pink and is somewhat transparent on the edges.

1511020666270534549308.jpg

OP
OP
Shabalaba

Shabalaba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is quite "squishy" feeling. I am quite stumped as to what it could be. Best bet is some type of macro algae, right? Or is there really just no way to tell? I guess I'll throw it in my refugium, or would that be a poor idea..?

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is quite "squishy" feeling. I am quite stumped as to what it could be. Best bet is some type of macro algae, right? Or is there really just no way to tell? I guess I'll throw it in my refugium, or would that be a poor idea..?

Idk but as I said, you can always send it here

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen that before. I think it is an algae. I was given a piece and tried to grow it in my refugium but it disappeared. IMO not an easy macroalgae to grow.
Now that you mention it I did see a youtube video with that stuff. It was pretty fast growing. It must like high flow because it was growing on a powerhead. I can't remember what it was called.

OP
OP
Shabalaba

Shabalaba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info guys. I have it in my refugium now, and I agree that it must like high flow (since it was in my overflow) And medium/high light.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back