Found something interesting in my fresh batch of saltwater

fishingchuck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I mixed a fresh batch of saltwater. 30 gallons in a brute can. I have my sump and mixing station in an unfinished basement. I had every intention of doing a water change last night. I got involved watching the football games and put it off until tonight. I get home from work and am getting everything ready, I got to check the salinity of my fresh batch of saltwater and I found a dead mouse floating in it. Stupid me left the lid off. I pondered using it anyway. I hate to waste the salt. But decided against it. Dumped the container and am now mixing a fresh batch. The water change will have to wait one more day. Anyone else ever found anything interesting in their mixing stations?

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, thank goodness but I've only been in the game 6 months so who knows what the future holds. LOL

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I mixed a fresh batch of saltwater. 30 gallons in a brute can. I have my sump and mixing station in an unfinished basement. I had every intention of doing a water change last night. I got involved watching the football games and put it off until tonight. I get home from work and am getting everything ready, I got to check the salinity of my fresh batch of saltwater and I found a dead mouse floating in it. Stupid me left the lid off. I pondered using it anyway. I hate to waste the salt. But decided against it. Dumped the container and am now mixing a fresh batch. The water change will have to wait one more day. Anyone else ever found anything interesting in their mixing stations?
My roommate thought it was a convenient place to soak his undies and socks thankfully the lint tipped me off shined a flashlight in the brute can and its half full with dirty laundry.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cellar spiders from time to time....the cats make sure no rodents live long in the basement.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My roommate thought it was a convenient place to soak his undies and socks thankfully the lint tipped me off shined a flashlight in the brute can and its half full with dirty laundry.
Well this is a first! I almost spit out my coffee when I read this. Hopefully you showed your roommate where the laundry is supposed to go. LOL

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

May i recommend:.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back