Found this guy on my Gulf LiveRock. . .

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone know what this guy is? Showed up on my Gulf LiveRock after a couple weeks in QT.

20210310_090842.jpg

20210310_084014.jpg

Plucked it off the rock and put it on a plug.

OP
OP
AbjectMaelstroM

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have some premium deco on its way right now, did you do overnight shipping?
Honestly I can't remember, it was the free shipping so I think it was just standard priority 2 day. They didn't come well insulated and almost frozen, lots of die-off. This guy made it tough.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! I'm pretty sure it's a juvenile Rose Coral, Manicina areolata. I'm getting a bunch of Dan's Premium Deco landing in just a couple hours to reintroduce sponges and other cryptic stuff and help restart some of the systems I lost with the freeze last month. I almost always find Blushing Star colonies, Stephanocoenia intersepts, but have only seen one Rose coral in recent years. Aquatouch in Phoenix used to be the only source for Rose corals but that was years ago. Only way to get them now is if you're lucky enough to have one show up on a piece of maricultured live rock from Florida as it's illeagal to collect or remove them from any wild habitat.

Last edited:

Don_Jorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I can't remember, it was the free shipping so I think it was just standard priority 2 day. They didn't come well insulated and almost frozen, lots of die-off. This guy made it tough.
im in Texas so at least no cold weather, hope I get some coral like this

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know about golf Life Coral so I went to their website and read up on their aquaculture facility. Seems like a pretty cool operation there although it would really suck to lower it down by hand 100 lb at a time.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back