Found this little guy on my live rock after first time feeding

CornishCrustyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I bought some reef roids to feed my new little corals I have never fed the tank at all as its fairly new. Within seconds of feeding i spot this little guy pop out of the rock
Is this a feather duster growing from my live rock? Looks like another is behind it

20201229_162116.jpg

OP
OP
CornishCrustyCorals

CornishCrustyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice i actually hate the piece of live rock its on as its covered in a wirery green moss/grass and i tried pulling it all out of the rock but I couldn't get it out the other day. Must be why I spotted this little fella today as that patch is kinda clear now. Its a couple inches away from anything so I'm sure it'll be fine. :D

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice i actually hate the piece of live rock its on as its covered in a wirery green moss/grass and i tried pulling it all out of the rock but I couldn't get it out the other day. Must be why I spotted this little fella today as that patch is kinda clear now. Its a couple inches away from anything so I'm sure it'll be fine. :D
If you have pest algae on the rock, I’d recommend taking the rock out of the tank and letting it soak in hydrogen peroxide for 10 mins. Then using a toothbrush, scrub the algae off, and rinse it with salt water before adding it back to the tank. This will help prevent the algae from spreading all around your tank :)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back