Four Month Old 90 Gallon. Would You Change The Aquascape?

Sully32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I transferred to a 90 gallon about four months ago, and things have been going fairly smoothly. The only issue is that some days I like how the scape is looking... other days I hate it.

Would you change it or just be patient and see how everything fills in?

20210512_130904.jpg
20210512_134257.jpg

20210512_134302.jpg

OP
OP
Sully32

Sully32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wasn't sure if I wanted any rock built up higher, or if I wanted the two structures to be separate at first. My hope was that I could get the slimers to grow upward to fill in some open space. It is just starting to look a bit too uniform for me. Maybe that will change as the side with more SPS grows out though.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't sure if I wanted any rock built up higher, or if I wanted the two structures to be separate at first. My hope was that I could get the slimers to grow upward to fill in some open space. It is just starting to look a bit too uniform for me. Maybe that will change as the side with more SPS grows out though.
i absolutely love it and think itll look sweet as it fills in more

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice, only thing I would do other than adding more rock is also building some sections higher. But don't listen to me as I like my tanks with a plethora of rocks for excellent biological filtration, allowing for lots of places high and low to place corals where they prefer. Also it creates many caves, passages and plenty of sleeping quarters for my 14 fish. Nothing minimalistic about my tanks.
20210511_133123.jpg
20210503_125458.jpg

AllShamNoWow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks awesome. Wouldn't change a thing.

Let it fill in a bit for a few more months. See what it looks like after?

OP
OP
Sully32

Sully32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for the input everyone. Maybe I will just let it grow out for a few months, and then I'll see what it is starting to look like. If I don't get much height out of the sticks by then I can add more rock up there. I really prefer big colonies over a ton of "mini colonies" or frags. I might add a few more corals, but otherwise I'm happy with it. There are about 25 different types in there, so I think it will look somewhat "natural" when they all start becoming colony sized pieces.

Looks nice, only thing I would do other than adding more rock is also building some sections higher. But don't listen to me as I like my tanks with a plethora of rocks for excellent biological filtration, allowing for lots of places high and low to place corals where they prefer. Also it creates many caves, passages and plenty of sleeping quarters for my 14 fish. Nothing minimalistic about my tanks.
20210511_133123.jpg
20210503_125458.jpg

That is a super nice looking tank. Most of my tanks in the past have been packed full like that, but on a smaller scale. I decided to try something new this time which is why I'm questioning it so much. This is also the first time I've had substrate in years, and I'm liking it more than I thought I would. I do have a ton of rock in my sump and refugium for biological filtration. I've had most of this rock in one system or another for at least 10 years.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back