Four stripe damsel min tank size

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 32 biocube and a 16 biocube. I bought the 16 specifically for my four stripe damsel. He’s my oldest (and currently only after the passing of my 10-12 year old engineer goby) fish. I want new fish for my dt but he’s a turd biscuit so I’m planning to put him in my 16. Is that big enough for a damsel? He’s like 2” long. He’ll be the only fish and I plan to get him a hammer coral or some candy canes to host in. The dude currently hosts my massive set of candy canes in my dt and I’m not moving that ness lol.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the loss of your Engineer Goby. Was it mature when you got it?

How old’s your damsel?

To co-exist with other fish, and I mean ones that can stand up for themselves, I’d say 100+. In a 16 either have it as your only fish, or at most, another aggressive species like a Dottyback of some kind.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the loss of your Engineer Goby. Was it mature when you got it?

How old’s your damsel?

To co-exist with other fish, and I mean ones that can stand up for themselves, I’d say 100+. In a 16 either have it as your only fish, or at most, another aggressive species like a Dottyback of some kind.
He’s gonna be my only fish. Yes my engineer was mature. My dad had him from a juvenile but we don’t know how long he had him for so best guess he was close to 12-15 years old when he passed. But we’re not even sure about that because we can’t remember how long each of us has had him. Likely a lot older than that honestly. My damsel is the same age and he’s going to be the only fish in my 16 because I know how agressive they are. I just wanna know if he’ll be comfortable in a 16.

Back