Foxface bloated

Stephen Olner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what this is. Started a few days ago fish was eating fine and bow has stopped. The bloated part seems to have puss coming from it. Fish has lost a lot of weight. Moved to AT and treated with melodic and primafi x.

20171016_191721.jpg

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had to guess, I'd say that's some sort of internal parasite, or possibly a bacterial infection. I've heard of Melafix & Pimafix being somewhat successful with less drastic infections, but I'd think you want to call out the big guns for this one.

You can use Metroplex, bound with Seachem's "Focus" product, as a medicated feed, but if you were to use antibiotics in the water column to treat the area where it's coming through his skin, you'll want to do it in a quarantine tank.

@melypr1985, @ngoodermuth, @Humblefish - any thoughts for this fellow?

~Bruce

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has he been bloated like that? The only thing I can come up with is an aggressive bacterial infection (or worm) eating it's way from the inside out. You could try food soaking Kanaplex + Metroplex, but IMO this fish is likely past saving. I'm sorry :(

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has he been bloated like that? The only thing I can come up with is an aggressive bacterial infection (or worm) eating it's way from the inside out. You could try food soaking Kanaplex + Metroplex, but IMO this fish is likely past saving. I'm sorry :(
Agree, I’ve never seen something like this end well. Looks to me like an growth that started internally but grew out...

OP
OP
S

Stephen Olner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

About a week. I thought it was over feeding as he was constantly eating at the veggie clip. But last two day s he's been hidding in the tank. I saw him today and scooped him straight out and put him in QT. Thanks for the advise. Me to his my favorite fish

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 165 61.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 92 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.2%
Back