OP
daniel_mourra

daniel_mourra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the injury is healing. I can't account for the depressed behavior, something else must be going on. Could it be that the tang that caused this injury is now causing the foxface to stay more in hiding?

Jay
Yes maybe… they have always got along just fine. (3 months together no problem) but suddenly this is happening…. He is eating quite well… Nori and pellets infused with seachem Vitality (supposed to be a vitamin enhancer)

i am VERY VERY VERY tempted on ending the fallow period early and putting them all back to the main DT…. but i dont know, not sure… i am very new at this and in a country (Honduras) with VERY limited resources to purchase medications and other stuff….. basically all the meds i have is due to extensive reasearch that i did BEFORE all this happened (thank god)… as things take 15-20 days to arrive home.

i will create a new thread on R2R to discuss “fallow period for ich. Is it really worth it?” under my current parameters…. (UV, temp @27.0 C and the main fact….. eventually new WET things will go in the tank like snails, corals and other things that keeping ich erradicated i feel is virtually impossible) maybe you could give me your input on that…. (More info and my dilema will be posted on that thread)….

by the way.. i REALLY appreciate all your advice and all R2R has provided for me in this short period… great help!

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes maybe… they have always got along just fine. (3 months together no problem) but suddenly this is happening…. He is eating quite well… Nori and pellets infused with seachem Vitality (supposed to be a vitamin enhancer)

i am VERY VERY VERY tempted on ending the fallow period early and putting them all back to the main DT…. but i dont know, not sure… i am very new at this and in a country (Honduras) with VERY limited resources to purchase medications and other stuff….. basically all the meds i have is due to extensive reasearch that i did BEFORE all this happened (thank god)… as things take 15-20 days to arrive home.

i will create a new thread on R2R to discuss “fallow period for ich. Is it really worth it?” under my current parameters…. (UV, temp @27.0 C and the main fact….. eventually new WET things will go in the tank like snails, corals and other things that keeping ich erradicated i feel is virtually impossible) maybe you could give me your input on that…. (More info and my dilema will be posted on that thread)….

by the way.. i REALLY appreciate all your advice and all R2R has provided for me in this short period… great help!
@jay, would hypo salinity speed up the DT fallow period? Snails and inverts would have to live in a bucket for a couple weeks…

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jay, would hypo salinity speed up the DT fallow period? Snails and inverts would have to live in a bucket for a couple weeks…

No - because the tomonts could be adhered to the invertebrates that didn't go through the full fallow period.

Jay

OP
OP
daniel_mourra

daniel_mourra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!

Attachments

• DE091AB1-7360-4481-92FB-E18B1A2CCF5C.jpeg
    DE091AB1-7360-4481-92FB-E18B1A2CCF5C.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 28
  • A9371F48-59BB-4D3C-B9B2-886D3EC017ED.jpeg
    A9371F48-59BB-4D3C-B9B2-886D3EC017ED.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 8C15CD94-B5AE-4591-BC8A-7E2240625ED0.jpeg
    8C15CD94-B5AE-4591-BC8A-7E2240625ED0.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 29

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you! Currently amonia 0.5 nitrite 2ppm and nitrates through the roof at 75ppm…
Ammonia and nitrates elevated. Dont worry about nitrites.
Reduce feeding amount, do more water changes and keep filters clean

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I agree, looks like an injury. Any tangs in with it?

If you were doing 100% water changes (not always the best thing to do) that implies you had to catch the fish up, so this could be an injury from that.

Copper Power needs to be run for 30 days in the case of active disease. You can sometimes get away with 21 days if there was no visible disease at the start.

Jay
my flame tail blenny and yellow watchman goby both have a round white spot this same size right now..

only ONE spot on each of the fish.. have other fish in tank every other fish is fine no random white patch.

no one is breathing funny. corals look beautiful. everything is fine.

but these one random white spots on these two fish in 3 years we’ve never seen this..

anyone have any ideas???

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my flame tail blenny and yellow watchman goby both have a round white spot this same size right now..

only ONE spot on each of the fish.. have other fish in tank every other fish is fine no random white patch.

but these one random white spots on these two fish in 3 years we’ve never seen this..

anyone have any ideas???
Hi, best if you start your own thread in the fish disease forum. This thread explains the information we need:
Jay

Weeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

anyone have any ideas???
A new thread is best.

A video longer than one minute under white light up close to the fish, showing both sides of the fish would be helpful. You can upload the video to YouTube then post the link to it here.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back