Frag box review two thumbs down

budau18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow Canadian reefers.
Just want to inform everyone about a very poorly handled transaction with fragbox.
First off we all know that this hobby is expensive enough, on top of that a trusted coral distributer expecting an extra $40 for one coral frag you already paid for to buy and ship. I made a decent sized order through frag box, after anxiously opening my parcel and looking through all my new corals to see they missed one. So I thought no big deal il email them and they will make it right... well nope don’t count on them to be reliable, or to fix a mistake they made. I was informed if I wanted the coral I paid for, and they forgot to send that I would have to send them another $40. So friends and fellow reefers I ask to not encourage and support this type of business and order elsewhere.

I have also done a lot of business with Canada corals. Who they gave me great service. When I made good orders they would throw in a freebie coral for no reason, just to say thanks for doing business. So if you are planing a purchase at fragbox maybe reconsider and check out other vendors such as Canada corals.

Jessica_canuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try calling them ? they are super nice and down to earth; they and have always taken care of me when I have had issues !

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try calling them ? they are super nice and down to earth; they and have always taken care of me when I have had issues !

As much as I like Fragbox, I hate to say it... Not giving the same customer service over email as you would over the phone, simply because you can't handle confrontation properly is not acceptable.

I did a group buy from Fragbox once and one of the other buyers also did not receive his item (lol, it could actually be OP). That $40 credit just sat there until I happen to be going by and stopped in to pick it up.

I run several business and will run many more throughout my life... If you screw up, you suck it up and deal with the consequences... I also run a small reefing shop out of my basement, and the markup on that order would have easily covered the mistake (a few times over)...

OP
OP
B

budau18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had tried dealing with it in a friendly manner via email. At first they weren’t helpful in anyway at all. I was basically told ‘we’re sorry, not our problem’. That’s when I got a bit annoyed and the friendliness was gone. The next day the owner had contacted me, at first I thought something would be done to correct it. He then took his employees side. However after a few days of emails back and forth the owner had rectified the issue. But to me that’s too late, I feel I shouldn’t need to argue for days to get what I had paid for. I do frequently use Canada corals which I highly approve. They had the same issue one time, however they instantly sent me a new one and gave me a future credit on top of the replacement, no questions asked. So for my experience I will support the company with friendly service.

HORATIO-1805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But they made it right? I guess you didn't like HOW they made it right. And no, I'm not his Mom. You've probably failed to notice that March often tosses in freebies. Not saying they're perfect, even his videos show that, but I've yet to see any other shop showing the disasters that apparently don't happen in your businesses. Never had a customer receive livestock DOA? You're small potatoes so it's easier to get cozy over the phone. Even then it takes some turnaround time. The big boys don't operate that way. My own experience with the massive coral farms operate like BRS. Strictly email. Sometimes BRS sends you LifeRock that's turned to rubble. Too bad. They warned you. Had a heck of a time replacing a major part of my Apex. Took forever, had to lay out a deposit ... blah blah blah. Took way too long. Bad experience. But they made it right. Eventually. Doesn't mean I'll never buy from them again, and I'll definitely not recommend that others avoid them like the plague. Hope that your experience was a rare one.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back