Frag tank cloudiness??

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I set up my frag system about a month ago but have been wicked busy since they and have yet to start a cycle or get any corals in there. I noticed over the past two weeks or so the water started becoming a little cloudy. Why would this be, and how do I get rid of this. Also should I start my cycle with the water like this? There is a sump (no skimmer). Across the room, a few feet away is a basement window. Would this be causing my problem? No tank lights have been on yet. Attatched is a picture....

4FE4CEE9-9878-409C-B8F4-7F9D9F66D253.jpeg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I set up my frag system about a month ago but have been wicked busy since they and have yet to start a cycle or get any corals in there. I noticed over the past two weeks or so the water started becoming a little cloudy. Why would this be, and how do I get rid of this. Also should I start my cycle with the water like this? There is a sump (no skimmer). Across the room, a few feet away is a basement window. Would this be causing my problem? No tank lights have been on yet. Attatched is a picture....

4FE4CEE9-9878-409C-B8F4-7F9D9F66D253.jpeg

White - bacterial.

OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump....sorry guys hate to do that just not sure if I should go ahead with my fish less cycle or go another route...any advice is appreciated

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump....sorry guys hate to do that just not sure if I should go ahead with my fish less cycle or go another route...any advice is appreciated

Is it still cloudy? If the water is within specs for salinity and temp, go cycle!

OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it still cloudy? If the water is within specs for salinity and temp, go cycle!
Okay, it is certainly in specs for those 2 parameters. The whole cloudiness thing is just throwing me off

Dr. Bluethumb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this issue woth one of my tanks. didnt seem to bother any of the fish at all and in time ended up going away without me making any changes. I didnt put coral in though while it was cloudy so not sure what affect itd have on coral. Good Luck!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back