Fragbox Review - Canadas BEST coral dealer (in my opinion)

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is Candy Corals in Mississuaga as well. They have some nice stuff usually. Mostly LPS, with a bit of SPS. However their prices are always quite high.

Sadly, Fragbox has started down this path as well, super high prices. Where high end frags used to be $80 or $100 at Fragbox, now they are $200 - $550. When I questioned the recent tendency to crazy prices, I got a shrug and the response that people buy them. Lol, not "this" people.

I have not tried Frag Garage yet, but do plan on giving them a try in the future. They are at the other end of the country from me, but if the frags are good, I will happily air cargo frags over. Getting 10 frags instead of 2 is a no brainer.
Candy Corals is hands down the best place in Ontario, second to that is Big Al's kitchener (Nick at big Al's literally imports 70% of all their orders). Candy Corals ships literally everywhere.

Afnan has a ton of sps, maybe doesnt seem as much at the store, but he has like three 8' tables at his house, for all his grow outside and prized pieces. If your looking for something all you need to do is ask, and he probably has it.

You absolutely, can not, find better quality corals then you do from here. Afnan is literally number one in the business. Prices are a little higher yes, can you find these corals anywhere else...no.

And full disclosure, more than half these smaller stores in Ontario and abroad buy all their coral, from Candy Corals. So why not go to the source. Indo for example, Candy Corals owns ALL cities papers, which means if you see any indo Coral, it came through him. Let alone the sheer volume he brings in, makes him the best.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re looking for very good prices and awesome customer support give gta reef a go! Very good prices and a very large range of corals!!
Got a few prices from here and very satisfied many of his pieces are fully encrusted also! Buy with confidence!!!
I visit and buy Frags from All 3. GTAreef, FragBox, and CandyCorals.
All worth a visit to get your best quality and variety. Not one has left me dissapointed.

If you want Beyond HIGH END selection and Super High Prices too. Reef Raft Canada is also a place I check out sometimes.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Candy Corals is hands down the best place in Ontario, second to that is Big Al's kitchener (Nick at big Al's literally imports 70% of all their orders). Candy Corals ships literally everywhere.

Afnan has a ton of sps, maybe doesnt seem as much at the store, but he has like three 8' tables at his house, for all his grow outside and prized pieces. If your looking for something all you need to do is ask, and he probably has it.

You absolutely, can not, find better quality corals then you do from here. Afnan is literally number one in the business. Prices are a little higher yes, can you find these corals anywhere else...no.

And full disclosure, more than half these smaller stores in Ontario and abroad buy all their coral, from Candy Corals. So why not go to the source. Indo for example, Candy Corals owns ALL cities papers, which means if you see any indo Coral, it came through him. Let alone the sheer volume he brings in, makes him the best.
Good to know about Big Als' Kitchner. Next time my wife suggest the Market, or October festival. I'll side trip to Big Als.

Matt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping is way too expensive :(
Outside of Toronto is flat $80.00 for Overnight Fedex by 10:30AM.
you have to remember if you can drive there and pick it up you will spend less money possibly and the coral will have a larger chance of surviving because it wont be in a bag for a long period of time.

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered from fragbox many times this year. Got velvet and wiped out my tank but my fault for not quarantining. Corals come shipped well and overnight. I’ve had one fish arrive doa and coral they give a credit but you have to pay for shipping. So you might as well order other things. I’m sure works well for them. They have a great selection their online store is great

comically

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered from fragbox a couple times this year, they included a free coral with my brother and I's recent order. I don't order from online shops too often but fragbox is pretty great in my experience

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered from fragbox many times this year. Got velvet and wiped out my tank but my fault for not quarantining. Corals come shipped well and overnight. I’ve had one fish arrive doa and coral they give a credit but you have to pay for shipping. So you might as well order other things. I’m sure works well for them. They have a great selection their online store is great
You got the velvet from fish or coral?

Thanks

2021 reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a really positive experience with fragbox. Everything I ordered came packed well and healthy. Anyone in Vancouver have any acanthophyllia or trachys for sale?

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FRAGBOX my vote: 10/10
I have repeatedly ordered from fragbox, with one order underway for Thursday. All item were spot on, delivered to the time agreed upon, to London. I had no DOA inverts. I had no DOA SPS. Of the SPS I ordered, I managed to kill 2, both over 2 month in my system (less than 10%, my fault I gather). I do QT and my fish gang is complete, I have had no infectious/pest complications. When I started, I used more vendors. I am down to 3. Frag box, Big Al Kitchener and Coral Reef store.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would second that!

I have been in the store two dozen times or more.
What is striking is how clean their tanks are. This is important to me, I don’t want any pests. Have not found one pest after dip ever.

Great people working here, know their stuff, but don’t over sell.

I found the prices to be excellent. Many frags I bought were under $40.

In terms of dry goods, great selection and again prices slightly lower on average than the big players.

They have been producing an almost daily video on various reef topics, something like XXX in the US. Raw, some real honesty,

ReeferJosh2112

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
March has no comprehension of what a customer is, after spending thousands at this store on a set up, I called to inquire about a product (coral pro salt) and and why the parameters aren't testing properly, I told him the refractor for salinity is brand new, doesn't need calibration and that the salinity is fine but the trace levels arent measuring properly in this mix(I've read that coral pro salt can have defects in the trace elements occassionally), he offered no solution, only stated that I'm testing wrong (I'm not, I've tested it three times as per saliferts instructions) and he just hung up without offering any help or advice. I wish there were other closer places to get product. If you want a coral shop run like a ****** vape store this is your place but don't expect a good experience.

Absolutely will not return to this store, I will spend my thousands of dollars stocking my set ups at a place that offers better customer service. Work on your customer service.

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
March has no comprehension of what a customer is, after spending thousands at this store on a set up, I called to inquire about a product (coral pro salt) and and why the parameters aren't testing properly, I told him the refractor for salinity is brand new, doesn't need calibration and that the salinity is fine but the trace levels arent measuring properly in this mix(I've read that coral pro salt can have defects in the trace elements occassionally), he offered no solution, only stated that I'm testing wrong (I'm not, I've tested it three times as per saliferts instructions) and he just hung up without offering any help or advice. I wish there were other closer places to get product. If you want a coral shop run like a ****** vape store this is your place but don't expect a good experience.

Absolutely will not return to this store, I will spend my thousands of dollars stocking my set ups at a place that offers better customer service. Work on your customer service.
I stopped ordering from there a year ago. Also his YouTube videos are annoying and I find it weird that he asks people for help. It should be the other way around. I spend all my money at the coral reef shop in Burlington and candy corals! Candy corals is so impressive

Back