Fragging Pliers/Nippers for fragging ZOA's from frag plug

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

i am new to trying to frag Zoa's and want to buy a pair of Nippers/Pliers as shown in the Zoa fragging video. Would anyone have a recommendation of a specific pair that you have had good experience with? These would be used to break off a piece of the existing frag plug with the newly cut Zoa still attached to it. I can buy any pair at Lowes or Amazon but thought I would ask the group..thanks...

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from the flea market, standard stainless steel bone cutters. Make sure you look into PPE when handling zoas and palys.

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a thick pair of branch clippers used for small tree type trimming. They can make quick work getting a covered plug into many more new ones.

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any bonecutters will do. I would have a razor blade or scalpel on hand incase some flesh needs separation. I use the BRS fragging kit but it's not proprietary stuff. Make sure to do it in a place with good ventilation and airflow to the outside or ideally do it outside if it's not freezing. Zoas and palys can sometimes release a toxin which is very dangerous but it's usually not present enough in zoas to be a problem if it's there at all. Use gloves especially if you have cuts. Make sure to take your time and don't rush things thinking you need to get them back into the tank fast. Corals are well adapted to multi hour low tides. They'll be fine.

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon prime, bought one years ago and I think it's great. Many different tools for many different jobs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220129-004633_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-004633_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 40

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back