FRAGHOUSE CORALS OFFICIAL GO BIG OR GO HOME LIVESALE THREAD 2101 SPS FRAGS SEPTEMBER 15TH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the amount of time these frags have been in their tanks as part of the QT process? Are these systems without fish?

I've had my struggles trying to eradicate ich and the like and as much as I'd love to add the soon to arrive frags to my main display I'm probably not going to take a chance and will just add these to my coral QT.

botheboss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E5011E1F-D67E-4136-BA41-7CCE528B7994.jpeg
Here we go! Didn’t get my shirt yet but the fire just hit the front steps.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking forward to my shipment...

Between now and tomorrow, I get to pull the three fish that have been in a Fluval Evo 13, awaiting a fish QT spot, to convert it to a strict invert/coral QT. I'll be waiting on the arrival of a new AI Prime HD and an additional Hydor powerhead to round it out. Further down the road, I'll add a GHL doser to help maintain water parameters but its going to be interesting to see a really expensive 13 gallon AIO (relatively speaking) housing my incoming SPS corals for 3 months at a time.

OP
OP
FraghouseCorals

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the amount of time these frags have been in their tanks as part of the QT process? Are these systems without fish?

I've had my struggles trying to eradicate ich and the like and as much as I'd love to add the soon to arrive frags to my main display I'm probably not going to take a chance and will just add these to my coral QT.
Ick is caused by stress within your tank, if you have ick more than likely the fish are over crowded or stressed from lack of food or too much. I’m no fish pro but I had ick 1 time right when I first started Reefing, got my nitrates to 0 and it went away... over 12 years later Iv never had ick since.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back