FRAGHOUSE CORALS OFFICIAL GO BIG OR GO HOME LIVESALE THREAD 2101 SPS FRAGS SEPTEMBER 15TH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is Brandon is the man. That rotten rose milli has some amazing polyps on it bratha. Thanks
20180926_144840.jpeg

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ick is caused by stress within your tank, if you have ick more than likely the fish are over crowded or stressed from lack of food or too much. I’m no fish pro but I had ick 1 time right when I first started Reefing, got my nitrates to 0 and it went away... over 12 years later Iv never had ick since.

While I appreciate your response and the beautiful corals that you sent me, I do have to disagree with your statement. While I get what you are trying to say, Cryptocaryon irritans is not caused by stress, stress may be a contributing factor but some fish just dont do well in a system where this parasite exists while others may be asymptomatic. As I want to keep several tangs within a 225 gallon tank, I feel that it is cruel to me and the fish to employ an "ich managment" technique. I choose to go the route of "ich eradication" as I dont like the idea of fish living with disease or along with bodies that may cause disease at anytime. While corals are beautiful and also animals, I dont get emotionally attached to them like I do with fish. Though you may have your own QT procedures for your corals, please understand that the skeletons of those corals may carry with them a parasite, albeit in cyst form, that can not be destroyed by any means unless you also wanted to destroy your coral.

Originally, I was interested in knowing more about the times that your corals have been in fishless systems (if so) and if any fish are present within the same room as these corals so I can calculate what I could do to shorten the time that I QT them upon arrival. Since I already received them early this past Tuesday, the information would still be helpful as I will very likely purchase from you in the future.

My QT procedures for inverts is as follows, 90 days of observation in a fishless system with daily feedings. The minimum distance from a a system that may contain the ich parasite must be greater than 10 feet due to aerosol transmission. I have one such tank that contains the ich parasite so this is an additional concern that I have to be mindful of. The minimum amount of time should be 76 days. If anything new is introduced during this time, the clocks starts over. Care must be taken after or before working in or around tanks to ensure that nothing wet is transferred so cross contamination doesnt occur.

Plata01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my coral today. I am very impressed on how well it was packaged and it arrived on time. Also, I would like to THANK Brandon for hooking me up too. I only bought two corals, yet he sent me one free frag, like he did with those that bought much more than I did. First time buying from Fraghouse but I have now found the place o will buy my sticks from in the future.
16050ef61f2c919fbdb6cfe391c112a1.jpg
78aa65de9b6cf7c65263506a2b8977e2.jpg

OP
OP
FraghouseCorals

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I appreciate your response and the beautiful corals that you sent me, I do have to disagree with your statement. While I get what you are trying to say, Cryptocaryon irritans is not caused by stress, stress may be a contributing factor but some fish just dont do well in a system where this parasite exists while others may be asymptomatic. As I want to keep several tangs within a 225 gallon tank, I feel that it is cruel to me and the fish to employ an "ich managment" technique. I choose to go the route of "ich eradication" as I dont like the idea of fish living with disease or along with bodies that may cause disease at anytime. While corals are beautiful and also animals, I dont get emotionally attached to them like I do with fish. Though you may have your own QT procedures for your corals, please understand that the skeletons of those corals may carry with them a parasite, albeit in cyst form, that can not be destroyed by any means unless you also wanted to destroy your coral.

Originally, I was interested in knowing more about the times that your corals have been in fishless systems (if so) and if any fish are present within the same room as these corals so I can calculate what I could do to shorten the time that I QT them upon arrival. Since I already received them early this past Tuesday, the information would still be helpful as I will very likely purchase from you in the future.

My QT procedures for inverts is as follows, 90 days of observation in a fishless system with daily feedings. The minimum distance from a a system that may contain the ich parasite must be greater than 10 feet due to aerosol transmission. I have one such tank that contains the ich parasite so this is an additional concern that I have to be mindful of. The minimum amount of time should be 76 days. If anything new is introduced during this time, the clocks starts over. Care must be taken after or before working in or around tanks to ensure that nothing wet is transferred so cross contamination doesnt occur.
You can disagree but the proof is in the pudding. I keep 1 tang, 6 clowns, and 10 chromis in each tank. I don’t qt fish and never have, never had any disease or death. I have currently 14 tangs, 140 chromis and 54 clowns.... all thriving and healthy. Don’t know what else to say, first time Iv been asked about my fish health. :)

OP
OP
FraghouseCorals

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I do want to apologize for the labels coming off the bags!!! This was the first trial and I felt good about em at first but Iv learned they don’t stick very well so we will for sure be searching for better ones for the future. Sorry if it messed any of you guys up on the lineage.

welly18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I do want to apologize for the labels coming off the bags!!! This was the first trial and I felt good about em at first but Iv learned they don’t stick very well so we will for sure be searching for better ones for the future. Sorry if it messed any of you guys up on the lineage.
Came through on my end! Everything is dope as expected! Thank you

OP
OP
FraghouseCorals

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for taking the time to post all the Awesome feedback and reviews!!! You guys are the BEST!!! All but a couple of boxes are shipped and at their new homes. Now time for this baby thing :) Thanks for the continued business and support you guys. I’ll be back next year bigger and better for all you loyal STICKHEADS!!!! One love

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for taking the time to post all the Awesome feedback and reviews!!! You guys are the BEST!!! All but a couple of boxes are shipped and at their new homes. Now time for this baby thing :) Thanks for the continued business and support you guys. I’ll be back next year bigger and better for all you loyal STICKHEADS!!!! One love
Thanks for putting this together. Corals are doing great. Best wishes to you and your family with your new child.

Shawn Dahl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon, don't know how much better this can get... Bright colorful corals, top notch packaging and shipping, all around good vendor... I'm excited to see what next year has in store! Enjoy baby time, I have my second one joining us this week sometime also

OP
OP
FraghouseCorals

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon, don't know how much better this can get... Bright colorful corals, top notch packaging and shipping, all around good vendor... I'm excited to see what next year has in store! Enjoy baby time, I have my second one joining us this week sometime also
Thanks brothaman.... just wait.... I don’t want to say my plans and have other vendors do it before us but I have something super cool in planning ;) dude if we have our babies the same day that would be a TRIP!!! Lol congratulations my friend

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to your live sale next year. Had some SPS kick the bucket on me, and might try your livesale next time around. Can't argue with very pleased customers!

Congrats on the new baby! We just welcomed our third back in February...hope you're getting "some" sleep!

Lollipop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I missed the after party sale!, I wanted to tell you that this coral purchase tops all of my purchases! They ware truly raised in tank for sure! Great color and those polyps! Securely packed but a few came off due to handling. Only one died, which is typical in sps. I am sure I am hooked! But I don’t subscribe r2r as they send too many notices!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back