Frags for McWane

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive started volunteering at the aquarium at McWane again (the local children’s museum in case anyone not local reads this), and they’ve asked me to work with them on a few things.

The first thing they asked for was help with their coral tank. This is a 250ish gallon coral setup that sprung a leak a few years back and they recently got set up again. I’m really trying to turn it into their show tank so I’ve been bringing in frags from my home system to try and get it going. Here’s a pic of it after I worked on it for a few hours this morning.

62B470D9-1C28-483B-8A7C-96A43FE4BE3B.jpeg

The second thing they asked me to help with was to establish an aquaculture system so that they can grow stuff out and eventually run experiments. They had these holding vats in the back, and I had some spare lighting, so I was able to Jerry rig a setup for them and bring in some corals.

3A39CF85-CB47-4FF7-83CF-13818D949AC7.jpeg

I’m making this post because I need help. Ive Fragged as much as I can and haven’t put a dent in these projects. If you have anything you’re pruning, and would be willing to donate to the local non profit aquarium, please let me know. I can come get it from you any time!

Ive put a monti cap in the aquaculture tank, and the coral tank has a giant Hollywood Stunner colony, so I think these systems can handle just about anything. Please PM me if you can help out! And I know I’m being a choosy beggar here, but don’t give anything that can take over a tank. I wont be able to go there frequently enough to monitor Kenya Tree popping up and stuff. Also, I understand that you may have pests, so just be open about what you have, if you happen to make a donation, so I can be sure to treat it before putting it into the coral tank.

vcollins9850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive started volunteering at the aquarium at McWane again (the local children’s museum in case anyone not local reads this), and they’ve asked me to work with them on a few things.

The first thing they asked for was help with their coral tank. This is a 250ish gallon coral setup that sprung a leak a few years back and they recently got set up again. I’m really trying to turn it into their show tank so I’ve been bringing in frags from my home system to try and get it going. Here’s a pic of it after I worked on it for a few hours this morning.

The second thing they asked me to help with was to establish an aquaculture system so that they can grow stuff out and eventually run experiments. They had these holding vats in the back, and I had some spare lighting, so I was able to Jerry rig a setup for them and bring in some corals.

I’m making this post because I need help. Ive Fragged as much as I can and haven’t put a dent in these projects. If you have anything you’re pruning, and would be willing to donate to the local non profit aquarium, please let me know. I can come get it from you any time!

Ive put a monti cap in the aquaculture tank, and the coral tank has a giant Hollywood Stunner colony, so I think these systems can handle just about anything. Please PM me if you can help out! And I know I’m being a choosy beggar here, but don’t give anything that can take over a tank. I wont be able to go there frequently enough to monitor Kenya Tree popping up and stuff. Also, I understand that you may have pests, so just be open about what you have, if you happen to make a donation, so I can be sure to treat it before putting it into the coral tank.
I’ve got a chalice frag and green monti frag. Also a single head of frogspawn, but can probably get a bigger chunk with 2-3 heads in a couple weeks you can take.

OP
OP
Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a chalice frag and green monti frag. Also a single head of frogspawn, but can probably get a bigger chunk with 2-3 heads in a couple weeks you can take.
Awesome! I’ll text you later

Gordon Cashmore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a couple of things. What is a good day to get them to you or I can meet you down there next time you go!!! - Gordon

Erick375

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got this guy, but haven't ever fragged so would want some pointers.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got this guy, but haven't ever fragged so would want some pointers.
Oh wow that's huge! Fragging a hammer is fairly straight forward, here's a video. Also definitely willing to come help out, I haven't seen anything on your tank in a long while.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back