Freaked out- Please assist

JonPhillips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught this little booger swimming in my water column not 5 min. ago. This is a pic of it on my index finger. It was def. moving around when I got it out of the water. AHHHHHHH!

What it this? and should I just start breaking down my system now since there is prob. many?

FullSizeRender.jpg

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught this little booger swimming in my water column not 5 min. ago. This is a pic of it on my index finger. It was def. moving around when I got it out of the water. AHHHHHHH!

What it this? and should I just start breaking down my system now since there is prob. many?

FullSizeRender.jpg
I'm not sure what it is but I do have to say, the fact that you were actually able to catch something that small in your water column is impressive to me haha

OP
OP
JonPhillips

JonPhillips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what it is but I do have to say, the fact that you were actually able to catch something that small in your water column is impressive to me haha

Probably and inch or two spread out enjoying my current...:eek:

OP
OP
JonPhillips

JonPhillips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snapped another pic of one of these guys this morning (actually she did cause she's got the fancy camera). Anyways, have spotted a couple more of these. Don't know if they are good, bad, or neither. Anyone have a guess? This one burrowed back into the sand after a few more minutes...REEF LIFE!

20160525_093152-1.jpg

germs101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snapped another pic of one of these guys this morning (actually she did cause she's got the fancy camera). Anyways, have spotted a couple more of these. Don't know if they are good, bad, or neither. Anyone have a guess? This one burrowed back into the sand after a few more minutes...REEF LIFE!

20160525_093152-1.jpg
I've seen one of these occasionally too. I've always wondered about them as well.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know in that picture it doesn't look like it, but I think it may be a young hair/spaghetti worm. That's why a second picture might be most helpful.

OP
OP
JonPhillips

JonPhillips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please enjoy these blurry shots brought to you by my illustrious iPhone 4s (where has the time gone?!). This one is attached to the bulkhead, has been for about an hour, and appears furry. ahhhhhhhhhhh it's cute. I'll try not to swallow 'em. :eek:

IMG_8527.JPG

IMG_8528-2.JPG

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

FullSizeRender.jpg

This is supposed to be a relaxing hobby, why in the world would you jump to breaking down the system. Trust me you're going to discover different worm types, and other inverts. Getting an ID is optimal but most hitch-hikers are harmless and add diversity to your system.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to guess some type of ribbon worm.

EDIT TO ADD: Was typing above when you posted more pictures....agree spaghetti or hair worms.

OP
OP
JonPhillips

JonPhillips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is supposed to be a relaxing hobby, why in the world would you jump to breaking down the system. Trust me you're going to discover different worm types, and other inverts. Getting an ID is optimal but most hitch-hikers are harmless and add diversity to your system.

I am a highly sarcastic person and I am learning that it's difficult to communicate through written english. Yes, I am very relaxed in this hobby, I do three water changes a day. Thank you for your assistance in ID. Learning every day and looking forward to discovering new things in the tank and for sure won't "freak out" next time. Thanks again!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back