FREE EVENT: Aquarium Club Meeting & Demo Day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
MarineDepot.com is hosting the November Meeting for the Southern California Marine Aquarium Society (SCMAS) this Friday the 16th at MD Headquarters in Garden Grove, CA. SCMAS is a thriving marine aquarium club based here in Orange County and the masterminds behind the world’s largest aquarium show, Reef-A-Palooza.

Since SCMAS meetings are open to non-members, we thought we’d invite the Reef2Reef community to the meeting! Aquarium clubs are a great way to connect with a fun group of people who share your passion for saltwater tanks.

We’ve invited some of our favorite vendors to the event as well. AquaticLife, JBJ, Continuum Aquatics, Mars Fishcare and Aqua Vision Aquatics are confirmed and will bring along aquarium supplies to show off and talk about.

Members of our tech team, the Reef Squad, will also demo the latest LED technology so you can try before you buy. Get a closer look at the EcoTech Radion XR30w, Maxspect Razor R420R, Kessil Special Blends and, of course, AquaticLife’s new Expert Series LED.

We’re going to have beverages and snacks to keep you energized for the evening’s festivities.

SCMAS, a 501(c) non-profit organization, will be selling raffle tickets to attendees for opportunities to win some very cool stuff (proceeds go to the club). JBJ has agreed to raffle off everything they’re bringing to the meeting! Mars Fishcare is bringing along some cool samples for the raffle. Korallin aquarium supplements, a Korallin BioDenitrator, 2 x Orphek dimmable LED pendants, a Panasonic Blu-Ray Player plus some MarineDepot.com swag will also be raffled off.

Entry to the event is FREE—we look forward to seeing you!

MarineDepot.com
14271 Corporate Drive
Garden Grove, CA 92843

EcoTech-Marine-Radion-XR30w-(Gen-1)-LED-Light-Fixture-99.jpg
Kessil-A350-Dimmable-Special-Blend-LED-Aquarium-Light-Tuna-Blue-1.jpg
Maxspect-27-Inch-Razor-R420R-10-000K-LED-Light-Fixture-98.jpg
AquaticLife-Expert-Series-14-Inch-78-Watt-Cree-LED-Light-Fixture-(3-Watt-x-24)-99.jpg

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hope you guys have a great one!! We're thinking about coming next year!!

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
EVENT UPDATE (11/14):

- Reef Raft USA and Coral Collection have both confirmed they'll be attending and selling coral frags to our guests.
- We're filling an aquarium with aiptasia-covered live rock for you guys to zap with the Majano Wand! The perfect stress reliever after a long work week!

424897_10150672542080941_148111232_n.jpg

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sounds awesome! I'll try to make it out on Friday if possible. I can already foresee the insanity at the RR frag tank...

Jovreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
soooo ... What time is this meeting?

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Sounds awesome! I'll try to make it out on Friday if possible. I can already foresee the insanity at the RR frag tank...

Yeah, we were super stoked once we locked in the coral vendors. Now there's a little something for everyone! We hope to see you--bring a friend (or two)!

soooo ... What time is this meeting?

6:30pm until 9:30pm. It's not going to be super structured or anything. Just a casual meetup. You don't have to arrive right on time. We didn't want to make things too formal. The actual club meeting begins at 7. We figured we'd see how things go this time before we locked ourselves into some rigid format.

Jovreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
:( Oh ... I really want to go but I'm not sure I want to battle the 5 during rush hour. If I dont make it, have fun everyone!

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
:( Oh ... I really want to go but I'm not sure I want to battle the 5 during rush hour. If I dont make it, have fun everyone!

Yikes! 5 hours would be brutal. Not to dissuade you in any way from coming, of course. We'd love to have you! :bounce:

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
We posted some photos from the event to an album on our Facebook page.

Special thanks to AquaticLife, Red Sea, Aqua Vision Aquatics, Continuum Aquatics, Mars Fishcare, Ecoxotic, JBJ, Reef Raft USA and, of course, the members of SCMAS for making this event a success!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back