Free horseshoe crab if you can come get him (and have a better home for him than I do)

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to get our horseshoe crab into a more suitable environment. With the large, active fish we have (lots of tangs) we have lots of rock work and lots of flow. He keeps getting stuck upside down in between rocks and stuff. I'm sure he could survive like that for awhile but I worry about an opportunistic eater going after that soft underbelly. We've had him since early last year (like March/April timeframe I think) and he's gotten so big. He really needs a tank that has lots of open sand, and not as much rockwork (but big rocks that he can't move). If you can come get him in the Nashville area, or I could meet you within a reasonable driving distance, he's yours for free. If I have to drive to meet you I may ask for a couple dollars for gas, my truck is a gas hog lol.
frank2Feb2021.jpg

frankFeb2021.jpg

Sarcazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor little guy! I hope someone has an appropriate tank for him.

Did you put eggcrate across the entire bottom of your tank followed by the sand and rock?

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor little guy! I hope someone has an appropriate tank for him.

Did you put eggcrate across the entire bottom of your tank followed by the sand and rock?

Yup I did. He just keeps getting caught in the flow and in spaces in the rocks. You can see the way our rock is sort of in this picture. Have to have lots of caves and such for the tangs and he just keeps getting stuck.
fulltank2021.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back