Free horseshoe crab (if you have better home than I do for him) - Nashville area

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to get our horseshoe crab into a more suitable environment. With the large, active fish we have (lots of tangs) we have lots of rock work and lots of flow. He keeps getting stuck upside down in between rocks and stuff. I'm sure he could survive like that for awhile but I worry about an opportunistic eater going after that soft underbelly. We've had him since early last year (like March/April timeframe I think) and he's gotten so big. He really needs a tank that has lots of open sand, and not as much rockwork (but big rocks that he can't move). If you can come get him in the Nashville area, or I could meet you within a reasonable driving distance, he's yours for free. If I have to drive to meet you I may ask for a couple dollars for gas, my truck is a gas hog lol.

I live in the Nashville area but grew up in Huntsville so I meeting down in that direction would not be hard for me to do. I did post this in multiple places on R2R, first come first serve. Really want him to be in a better environment.

frankFeb2021.jpg
frank2Feb2021.jpg

wadesims2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to get our horseshoe crab into a more suitable environment. With the large, active fish we have (lots of tangs) we have lots of rock work and lots of flow. He keeps getting stuck upside down in between rocks and stuff. I'm sure he could survive like that for awhile but I worry about an opportunistic eater going after that soft underbelly. We've had him since early last year (like March/April timeframe I think) and he's gotten so big. He really needs a tank that has lots of open sand, and not as much rockwork (but big rocks that he can't move). If you can come get him in the Nashville area, or I could meet you within a reasonable driving distance, he's yours for free. If I have to drive to meet you I may ask for a couple dollars for gas, my truck is a gas hog lol.

I live in the Nashville area but grew up in Huntsville so I meeting down in that direction would not be hard for me to do. I did post this in multiple places on R2R, first come first serve. Really want him to be in a better environment.

frankFeb2021.jpg
frank2Feb2021.jpg
I have wanted one. I have a 375 that he could go in

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have wanted one. I have a 375 that he could go in

We thought we had room in our 180 but we just have too much rock work (have to have lots of caves and such for the tangs, etc) that he doesn't have much room.
Are you anywhere close to Nashville or Huntsville?

wadesims2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We thought we had room in our 180 but we just have too much rock work (have to have lots of caves and such for the tangs, etc) that he doesn't have much room.
Are you anywhere close to Nashville or Huntsville?
Yea I made a very open scape with that in mind. I live in Huntsville. Old pick but gives you an idea of the floor space. Also has sand now

Attachments

• 104A01AB-3B02-466E-A6A7-585B9BC11FC4.jpeg
    104A01AB-3B02-466E-A6A7-585B9BC11FC4.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I made a very open scape with that in mind. I live in Huntsville. Old pick but gives you an idea of the floor space. Also has sand now

I'm up for meeting up and letting you give him a new home.
Side note, it will be after the 12th. I had elbow surgery this past Wed and don't get my bandage off till the 12th lol.

wadesims2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm up for meeting up and letting you give him a new home.
Side note, it will be after the 12th. I had elbow surgery this past Wed and don't get my bandage off till the 12th lol.
No rush. Any chance you interested in a puffer for two? My 120 sprung a leak and I think I will rehome the puffers. Wife is not to keen on my replacing that tank while I’m still building out the 375

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No rush. Any chance you interested in a puffer for two? My 120 sprung a leak and I think I will rehome the puffers. Wife is not to keen on my replacing that tank while I’m still building out the 375

Unfortunately I think we have too many inverts for puffers, although my wife really wants one lol. I could ask around up here if anyone was looking for them though.

wadesims2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I think we have too many inverts for puffers, although my wife really wants one lol. I could ask around up here if anyone was looking for them though.
Yea just making sure that they get good homes. Currently holding them in a 150g stock tank till I hind them homes.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back