• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Free Montipora - Pick Up Only - Maryland (Harford County/Abingdon)

Item Price
$0
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bunch of Montipora that grow like weeds in my tank. I don't feel like selling or shipping. So if you come to my house, you can have a few frags for free. A few things to note:

- First come, first serve. Message me for availability and to arrange pickup
- Only one of each type of coral per "customer." If you want an extra of one of the species and I have a lot, I'll consider giving more than one. But that's at my discretion. The default is one per species per person.
- Unless otherwise noted, frags are not mounted on any plugs or tiles
- My setup is messy. It has vermetid snails, some brown-ish looking algae that is probably dinos, cyano, and hair algae. I haven't attempted to remediate these issues because my corals are happy. For some, these are a deal-breaker, so be warned. But your system probably has all of these in some quantity as well. They just seem to like my system, but so do my corals. So I'm not messing with anything.
- Pictures were taken under a mix of white and blue LED light with an Icecap filter. The pictures are very close to how the corals look in real life. The corals actually look a bit better in real life.
- I might have some Battlecorals Forest Fire digitata or green plating Montipora capricornis. Stocks are very low on these though. Message for availability.

Green Montipora digitata

No frags available at this time.

Purple Montipora digitata

Many frags available.

Parent:

purple digi parent.png

Frags:

purple digi frags.png

Battlecorals Sunset Monti

One frag available, HOWEVER, the parent colony has grown to be about basketball sized. I'm looking to start breaking it up. So, many pieces available.

Parent:

sunset monti parent.png

Montipora spongodes

Many frags available. The parent colony has also grown to about the size of a basketball. Looking to break it up, so again, many pieces available.

Parent:

montipora spongodes parent.png

Frags:

montipora spongodes frags.png

green digi frags.png green digi parent.png sunset monti frag.png

Last edited:

Leo.L

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bunch of Montipora that grow like weeds in my tank. I don't feel like selling or shipping. So if you come to my house, you can have a few frags for free. A few things to note:

- First come, first serve. Message me for availability and to arrange pickup
- Only one of each type of coral per "customer." If you want an extra of one of the species and I have a lot, I'll consider giving more than one. But that's at my discretion. The default is one per species per person.
- Unless otherwise noted, frags are not mounted on any plugs or tiles
- My setup is messy. It has vermetid snails, some brown-ish looking algae that is probably dinos, cyano, and hair algae. I haven't attempted to remediate these issues because my corals are happy. For some, these are a deal-breaker, so be warned. But your system probably has all of these in some quantity as well. They just seem to like my system, but so do my corals. So I'm not messing with anything.
- Pictures were taken under a mix of white and blue LED light with an Icecap filter. The pictures are very close to how the corals look in real life. The corals actually look a bit better in real life.
- I might have some Battlecorals Forest Fire digitata or green plating Montipora capricornis. Stocks are very low on these though. Message for availability.

Green Montipora digitata

3 small-ish frags available

Parent:

green digi parent.png

Frags:

green digi frags.png

Purple Montipora digitata

Many frags available.

Parent:

purple digi parent.png

Frags:

purple digi frags.png

Battlecorals Sunset Monti

One frag available, HOWEVER, the parent colony has grown to be about basketball sized. I'm looking to start breaking it up. So, many pieces available.

Parent:

sunset monti parent.png

Frag:

sunset monti frag.png

Montipora spongodes

Many frags available. The parent colony has also grown to about the size of a basketball. Looking to break it up, so again, many pieces available.

Parent:

montipora spongodes parent.png

Frags:

montipora spongodes frags.png
Hello will like one of each pls.

Gsrsdn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in North East MD, I’d like to pick some up. I’m a new member though so unable to message.

OP
OP
chipmunkofdoom2

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All PMs replied. Still have plenty of purple digitata, BC Sunset, and spongodes. Running low on green digitata, only one or two unspoken for.

OP
OP
chipmunkofdoom2

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All PMs replied.

All green digitata have been taken/spoken for. Still plenty of spongodes, BC Sunset, and purple digitata.

OP
OP
chipmunkofdoom2

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
End of week bump. Plenty of purple digitata, Sunset and spongodes left. For those who run heavy blues, the spongodes and Sunset really pop:

sunset_blue.png

spongodes_blue.png

OP
OP
chipmunkofdoom2

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is in my Rubbermaid frag tray, so I just took a flat head screwdriver and slowly chiseled it into bigger pieces. It'll be tougher if you're on glass. I would probably try getting a razor blade under it and prying it up. It won't break as cleanly, but you probably don't have too many options if yours has encrusted on glass.

OP
OP
chipmunkofdoom2

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry all, for some reason I wasn't getting notifications for replies to this thread.

PMs sent.

bohtimore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HUGE thank you to chipmunkofdoom for the free frags he gave me! Great guy, incredibly generous and fun to chat with too, not to mention a great tank set-up. Thank you!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back