FREE TEST of IOAOI Fozen Fish Food Feeder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fish_Fry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any more feedback from those who have received it? It seems that a big complaint about frozen feeders is that food gets stuck and doesn't pass through the holes. I'm wondering how it works in this regard.

Thanks
T

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any more feedback from those who have received it? It seems that a big complaint about frozen feeders is that food gets stuck and doesn't pass through the holes. I'm wondering how it works in this regard.

Thanks
T
I threw a whole cube of mysids.... 1 shrimp had to be basted out.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks
T
I tried mine yesterday for the first time. I feed a homemade frozen sea food mash and PE mysis. Both foods just floated in the container. I ended up having to poke them around to get the cubes to seperate then the food just kinda sunk to the bottom and lay there. I had to shake the feeder to get the food to go out. I had the cups lined up so all holes were aligned. I'm going to pick up some frozen brine shrimp just to see how it works with that before leaving a review but to be honest for my purpose it isn't going to work.
I see one video review saying it worked great but they were putting pellets in :thinking-face:

OP
OP
IOAOI

IOAOI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I tried mine yesterday for the first time. I feed a homemade frozen sea food mash and PE mysis. Both foods just floated in the container. I ended up having to poke them around to get the cubes to seperate then the food just kinda sunk to the bottom and lay there. I had to shake the feeder to get the food to go out. I had the cups lined up so all holes were aligned. I'm going to pick up some frozen brine shrimp just to see how it works with that before leaving a review but to be honest for my purpose it isn't going to work.
I see one video review saying it worked great but they were putting pellets in :thinking-face:
Did you try the tube with six water inlet holes on the side? The water flow will be much larger.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Did you try the tube with six water inlet holes on the side? The water flow will be much larger.
I put mine in the path of a powerhead and had to close it down a little.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beleive I had the 3 slotted one on top. I'll try the 6 hole on top tomorrow and maybe a higher flow area as well
I tried it today and it worked well. I also moved it so it would get a little flow from my return nozzles. I tried it using the larger PE mysis and am happy to report that every piece made it into the tank.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I tried it today and it worked well. I also moved it so it would get a little flow from my return nozzles. I tried it using the larger PE mysis and am happy to report that every piece made it into the tank.
awesome! save me the time / effort of making the video I was just about to use as a procrastination tactic... :(
now I need to actually go do something productive...

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing works pretty well, haven't had any food stay stuck except for maybe some small pieces. A little too big for my nano though. I was also able to use it for a make shift critter container
20230523_075641.jpg
20230523_075659.jpg

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried to buy one. As op suggested I searched for his product on Amazon using "IOAOI frozen fish food feeder". It returns every thing but his product. Shame too, I actually wanted one and was willing to buy it.

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried to buy one. As op suggested I searched for his product on Amazon using "IOAOI frozen fish food feeder". It returns every thing but his product. Shame too, I actually wanted one and was willing to buy it.
Per op, I searched "fish feeder" and as of right now, it is 18 items down.

Mathew0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tested this with a variety of foods. The 6-hole side works best for distribution and breakdown of the foods. Being able to close off and adjust the size of the hole the food comes out of is very handy. However, larger pieces of food simply will not fit thru the big holes. I left each for 1 hour with the RFG head pointed at the cup about 10 inches away.
Results:
Kril-100% distribution
Bloodworms- 80% distribution. Some of these float and stay in the cup
Superbrine - 100% Dist. This was very fast. closing the holes is advised
PE Calanus - 100% dist. Also super fast.
LRS Reef Frenzy - 0% Dist. This just stayed in the original shape and floated on the top even after 8 full hours
DIY Herbivore mix - 100%. took a little over an hour
DIY Carnivore - 100%. Gone in about 30 mins. It ground pretty fine.
BRS DIY Reef Chili - 0%. Took thick. remained like gelatin floating at the top for over 12 hrs.
Pellets (various Sizes) - this was hit/miss. Sometimes the pellets would sink thru the holes, other times they didn't sink even after 3 hours. Could be surface tension, but that's unlikely considering the amount of surface agitation. I believe there is simply a difference in the density of the pellets, even coming from the same bag.

All in all, I would recommend this to most reefers. It can take some trial and error to get the best results, but It works for most commercially available foods, it's a nice, sleek design, and is big enough for most tanks. Might be too big for smaller, nano type, tanks. The LRS and the BRS DIY did work pretty well after I broke up the thawed chunks.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested to try this out if it's still available.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back