FREE TEST of IOAOI In-Sump Protein Skimmer, DC Pump with Controller, 120-160 Gals Tank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
IOAOI

IOAOI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I have a 125g that has been running 6 months. I recently started carbon dosing and I am not happy with the amount of noise or footprint of my current skimmer.
1000000116.jpg
Thank you for your interest. PM sent.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered and am excited to have a DC skimmer vs the gate valve control.
I’ve also only used AC skimmers, but you still adjust the water level in the skimmer with a valve don’t you? I thought the dc pump adjustment had more to do with changing the air input more than setting the water level.

dlsorensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve also only used AC skimmers, but you still adjust the water level in the skimmer with a valve don’t you? I thought the dc pump adjustment had more to do with changing the air input more than setting the water level.
Looking at the skimmer pictures it seems like you use the DC and air intake to adjust the water level. My current one uses a giant 1/2" gate valve and it is noisy and causes lots of micro bubbles in my sump.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the skimmer pictures it seems like you use the DC and air intake to adjust the water level. My current one uses a giant 1/2" gate valve and it is noisy and causes lots of micro bubbles in my sump.
No you adjust the water level with this knob and it changes the opening size. Here is the Amazon picture that shows it
65423454-DB5A-400D-94A6-CF058ADEB562.png

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the footprint of the skimmer and have been looking for something to try that can handle a 125. I have an external red sea that I haven't hooked up because of space issues but would like to try this.
20230117_181339.jpg

dlsorensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No you adjust the water level with this knob and it changes the opening size. Here is the Amazon picture that shows it
65423454-DB5A-400D-94A6-CF058ADEB562.png
Right, but I currently have a Reef Octopus 150 with a 1/2" valve that is no more than half closed for me to produce the skimmate I want and the rest is just released back into the sump at a very high rate which causes bubbles and noise.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello family members of R2R,
We're launching a FREE TEST of IOAOI big skimmer on R2R. US only.
This is an in sump skimmer which has a very special base design.
We truly look forward to receiving your objective and detailed feedback.
To sign up - Like & comment on this thread.
Don't forget to post a pic of your beautiful tank.
We'll send you a PM.
LOL :star-struck:

51OvBfYVqnL._AC_SL1500_.jpeg
I set up this fish tank for my wife so she can see “her fish” in the house. I’m interested in trying the new skimmer to see how it works.
4A65C46E-1445-4E20-96F9-BA26968546B6.jpeg
125 gallon fish tank

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello family members of R2R,
We're launching a FREE TEST of IOAOI big skimmer on R2R. US only.
This is an in sump skimmer which has a very special base design.
We truly look forward to receiving your objective and detailed feedback.
To sign up - Like & comment on this thread.
Don't forget to post a pic of your beautiful tank.
We'll send you a PM.
LOL :star-struck:

51OvBfYVqnL._AC_SL1500_.jpeg
Puffy's 135 gallon tank needs a new skimmer.
PSX_20230122_124403.jpg

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Innovative Marine 100 INT and would like to find a good skimmer for it.
The one I have now is not up to snuff as far as consistency goes.
Got one that fits?

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those with any doubt that @IOAOI is a legit company that does what they claim, here’s my pre-skimmer review, customer service review.

So I’ve been in constant dialogue with Tom @IOAOI from day one and I was notified right away when the new model became available. Came on the kinda slow boat from China but it got here when they updated us that it would.

Now im a skeptic at heart and the process requires us to pay for the skimmer in full, then they’ll refund the money. This might be logical and a normal practice in the US but as an international customer, albeit with frequent visits to the US, the exchange rate is a killer so getting back my money was a priority. Lol.

I had lots of questions and Tom responded with patience and in a timely manner. I hope they keep this up. I ordered the Skimmer two days ago and just now received my refund when Amazon finally marked that it shipped. Amazon has to ship before @IOAOI
gets our money released to them it seems. Either that or Amazon was slow.

I also had some Customs concerns that were quickly dealt with. All in all, my experience has been good so far. Hopefully this continues.

Now it’s time to get this Skimmer in hand and put it through its paces. I had asked about ozone capability and it isn’t a feature of this model but there are models that support it.

I’ll post the skimmer review when I feel I can be most objective.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those with any doubt that @IOAOI is a legit company that does what they claim, here’s my pre-skimmer review, customer service review.

So I’ve been in constant dialogue with Tom @IOAOI from day one and I was notified right away when the new model became available. Came on the kinda slow boat from China but it got here when they updated us that it would.

Now im a skeptic at heart and the process requires us to pay for the skimmer in full, then they’ll refund the money. This might be logical and a normal practice in the US but as an international customer, albeit with frequent visits to the US, the exchange rate is a killer so getting back my money was a priority. Lol.

I had lots of questions and Tom responded with patience and in a timely manner. I hope they keep this up. I ordered the Skimmer two days ago and just now received my refund when Amazon finally marked that it shipped. Amazon has to ship before @IOAOI
gets our money released to them it seems. Either that or Amazon was slow.

I also had some Customs concerns that were quickly dealt with. All in all, my experience has been good so far. Hopefully this continues.

Now it’s time to get this Skimmer in hand and put it through its paces. I had asked about ozone capability and it isn’t a feature of this model but there are models that support it.

I’ll post the skimmer review when I feel I can be most objective.
I did the free trial for their nano pump and Tom was great to deal with.
There is no reason that anyone should be nervous about trying their skimmer for free. The skimmer is purchased on Amazon so if this offer wasn’t legitimate (which it absolutely is) then it’s incredibly easy to return the item to get your money back.
I was impressed with the quality of their nano pump, and I’m sure this skimmer won’t disappoint either. I should be getting mine Wednesday.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back