• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Free Transitioning Male Blue Star Leopard Wrasse - St John, In

67chevellemalibu2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had him for close to two months. It’s just not working out. Stays buried in the sand most of the time. When he does come out, he gets harassed by my Christmas wrasse. I believe my Super Tongan snails have eaten its tail, because now its tail is completely gone.
Don’t have another tank to transfer him too.

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your trouble. If you have a sump, transfer it there to give the fish some peace from the Christmas wrasse. If your sump does not have sand, add a bowl to provide a comfortable sleeping place for the wrasse until you find it a better home. You can also setup a temporary 10 gal until the fish finds a new home. Whatever you decide, do so quickly. The species of fish you're talking about does not have a great track record for survival. If it still is not eating, try to temp it to eat with live foods such as white and/or bk worms, copepods, brine and small feeder shrimp. Unfortunately, leaving the fish in the MD as is will likely result in its quick demise. Good luck!

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had him for close to two months. It’s just not working out. Stays buried in the sand most of the time. When he does come out, he gets harassed by my Christmas wrasse. I believe my Super Tongan snails have eaten its tail, because now its tail is completely gone.
Don’t have another tank to transfer him too.
ive been looking for a nice leopard wrasse. would you ship him?

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any pics? Im in Valpo. Also have a Christmas wrasse so that’s a concern but mine is pretty laid back

OP
OP
67chevellemalibu2

67chevellemalibu2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any pics? Im in Valpo. Also have a Christmas wrasse so that’s a concern but mine is pretty laid back

My Christmas Wrasse was laid back to, until about two or three weeks after adding the leopard. It’s the only one that harasses it.

OP
OP
67chevellemalibu2

67chevellemalibu2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your trouble. If you have a sump, transfer it there to give the fish some peace from the Christmas wrasse. If your sump does not have sand, add a bowl to provide a comfortable sleeping place for the wrasse until you find it a better home. You can also setup a temporary 10 gal until the fish finds a new home. Whatever you decide, do so quickly. The species of fish you're talking about does not have a great track record for survival. If it still is not eating, try to temp it to eat with live foods such as white and/or bk worms, copepods, brine and small feeder shrimp. Unfortunately, leaving the fish in the MD as is will likely result in its quick demise. Good luck!

The fish eats when it comes out. I’ve seen it eat mysis, fresh clams and shrimp.

OP
OP
67chevellemalibu2

67chevellemalibu2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_0686.JPG
This is when I first got it.

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
Brian aka FireDawg1983 thanks for giving him a good home. I hope he pulls through for you. Real nice guy.

Thank you!! He just went in and still getting adjusted. Swam a couple of laps to realize he’s the only one in there and he’s tucked under a rock now so I’ll check on him in a little bit. Pleasure to meet you!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back