Fresh Garlic - Whats the deal?

LateStageReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I have had a problem with ICH in my main display and needed some help. I live in Canada so all medications that I could use to treat this problem are banned. I need to find as close to a natural solution as I can. I wanted to start first with the diet of the fish.

I have purchased Garlic extract from my LFS but after seeing no effects and some research later I find its the compounds in fresh garlic that hold all the nutritional value.

So my questions are These: Is fresh made garlic extract THAT more effective in increasing nutritional value to the fish and helping defeat ICH attacks? and if so what is the best way of going about making the food for my fish?

I understand many things outside of food are available and I do have a quarantine system but would like to focus on what I can feed my little friends as a new hobbyist.

Any help and experience is appreciated.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of that will work, so sorry

no bottled preps or garlic works, consider this proof here:

pull fish, fallow tank, add treated fish. If the meds aren’t available for treating then that means all Canadian fish purchases need to be online and from sites that quarantine and pre treat.

Upvote 0

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do they ban copper treatments up there like copperpower? Tank transfer method could also work, what size tank and how many fish are currently in the dt?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
LateStageReefer

LateStageReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do they ban copper treatments up there like copperpower? Tank transfer method could also work, what size tank and how many fish are currently in the dt?
I have 15 fish and I have lost count of my CUC, 2 cleaner shrimps, a peppermint shrimp and a pistol shrimp. My DT is 90g but my QT system is only 20g long I cant fit them all in there and I don't have enough tanks to try the transfer method.

I wanted to see if I could just feed healthier food to the fish before having to go through the trouble of QT'ing everything.

Upvote 0

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A better diet will help them fight it off so they dont really become "sick" but without medication or transfering tanks, the ich will always be in there

Upvote 0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back