OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
TAKING ORDERS. I will harvest fresh 8-species phyto blend on Monday and ship on Tuesday. Sizes and Prices are in the first post. Thanks!

peopleschoice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received the first order from my subscription, very pleased to say the least. Prices and quality that puts the other well known companies to shame!!! Thanks again!
539E9BEF-38B0-4741-BD58-930B7B54CF36.jpeg

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Would like to subscribe. 100g mixed reef, mostly softies. How much would you recommend for the month?

It's pretty hard to overdose live phyto. Almost any reasonable amount dosed on a regular basis will be beneficial. The organisms that consume it will grow and multiply to a point of equilibrium. The phyto you dose will live (and possibly reproduce to a certain degree) in the water column until it is consumed or filtered out.

Having said that, I usually recommend starting with 3mi/10gallons per day. So, for your reef, 30ml/day would probably be a good starting point. This will give you more actual phyto cells than many of the other phyto blends because I grow each species individually about as densely as possible and then mix them - the culture is a lot denser than most. As you observe, you can increase the dose by several times if you want. It would also be fine to dose less if you choose.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Dave

Neil Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pretty hard to overdose live phyto. Almost any reasonable amount dosed on a regular basis will be beneficial. The organisms that consume it will grow and multiply to a point of equilibrium. The phyto you dose will live (and possibly reproduce to a certain degree) in the water column until it is consumed or filtered out.

Having said that, I usually recommend starting with 3mi/10gallons per day. So, for your reef, 30ml/day would probably be a good starting point. This will give you more actual phyto cells than many of the other phyto blends because I grow each species individually about as densely as possible and then mix them - the culture is a lot denser than most. As you observe, you can increase the dose by several times if you want. It would also be fine to dose less if you choose.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Dave
Thanks. I would like to order 32 oz and set it as a subscription. I didn't see instructions. Can you send me an invoice or pay link? Whatever works for you.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks. I would like to order 32 oz and set it as a subscription. I didn't see instructions. Can you send me an invoice or pay link? Whatever works for you.

Sure! If you can send me your PayPal email I’ll send you an invoice. I can also do Venmo if you prefer. Thanks!

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Dang! 2 bottles? How big is your tank?
@Eldredge how do I subscribe?

Sorry for the delayed response, I missed your post until just now.

If you would like to subscribe, just let me know how much you would like, how often, and when you would like it to start and I will get it set up. We can adjust as we go along if needed. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Dave

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Harvesting fresh eight-species blend of live phyto on Monday and shipping on Tuesday. Sizes and prices are in the first post. Please let me know if anyone else wants some.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back