E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Finally found this thread again!

Sucks they made you become a sponsor to sell your product, but it, what it is I guess.

Bump for a great product, and an even better guy to give your business to.
Glad you found the thread! Thanks for the shout out!

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
All of the orders have shipped. Everyone should have received an email with a tracking number. Please let me know if there are any problems. Thanks for the orders!

TAKING ORDERS FOR NEXT WEEK. As always, full satisfaction guaranteed.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I will harvest phyto Monday evening and ship live, 8-species blend on Tuesday. As always, full satisfaction guaranteed. Prices, sizes, and info are in the first post. Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

Cpc83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
0   1   1
I just want to say I'm super impressed with the products I've gotten so far. Let's start with packaging, I got pods and phyto, the pods came bubble wrapped then wrapped in a silver insulation bubble wrap then in a bag just in case of a leak. The jar had tons of activity in it when I got it. The phyto came the same way minus the insulation wrap and will say this stuff is good I poured some in a shot glass and you can't see thru about 1inch diameter glass. Would highly recommend purchasing from him.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just want to say I'm super impressed with the products I've gotten so far. Let's start with packaging, I got pods and phyto, the pods came bubble wrapped then wrapped in a silver insulation bubble wrap then in a bag just in case of a leak. The jar had tons of activity in it when I got it. The phyto came the same way minus the insulation wrap and will say this stuff is good I poured some in a shot glass and you can't see thru about 1inch diameter glass. Would highly recommend purchasing from him.

Thanks for the feedback! I’m glad you’re happy!

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
All of the orders have shipped. Everyone should have received an email with a tracking number. Please let me know if there are any problems. Thanks for the orders!

TAKING ORDERS FOR NEXT WEEK. As always, full satisfaction guaranteed.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I will harvest phyto Monday evening and ship live, 8-species blend on Tuesday. As always, full satisfaction guaranteed. Prices, sizes, and info are in the first post. Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

luxfamchiro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fresh LIVE Phyto 8-Species Blend – FREE SHIPPING

Satisfaction Guaranteed - If there are any problems (including shipping) just let me know and I will make it right.

Harvested fresh on Monday evening and shipped out priority mail on Tuesday.

Edit:
10% DISCOUNT FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS (You choose the frequency)

16oz.jpg

16 Ounce $15.00

32oz.jpg

32 Ounce (One Quart) $24.00

64oz.jpg

64 Ounce (2 Quarts, Half Gallon) $34.00

Gallon.jpg

One Gallon (128 Ounces, Four Quarts) $58.00

Harvested fresh on Monday evening and shipped out priority mail on Tuesday.

I culture eight different species of phytoplankton (Tetraselmis, Nannochloropsis, Isochrysis galbana (Tahitian), Phaeodactylum tricornutum, Nannochloris, Chaetoceros gracilis, Chlorella, Dunaliella tertiolecta) separately and then combine them at harvest to insure that all eight species are present - if cultured together, one will eventually eliminate the others. This blend has green, brown, and gold with sizes from 1 micron to 14 microns. Some are motile, and some are not. They all have different nutritional profiles. In short, this blend should provide feed for all of the various microorganisms in your tank.

I start with fresh, artificial saltwater (usually Instant Ocean) and culture each species separately with F/2 fertilizer.

If you would like a single species, or a custom blend, please contact me for pricing and availability.

I also have F/2 fertilizer available. It's more concentrated than most - 1ml will treat 2.5 liters of water. $15.00 for a 12 oz bottle with free shipping.

EDIT:

IMG_0549 (6).jpg

I thought I would post this comparison picture. The bottle on the right is 32oz of the phyto blend, and the one on the left is 8oz of phyto blend and 24oz of water. In other words, the "normal" bottle on right has four times as much phyto as the one on the left even though they are the same size. You can see the difference in the color of the phyto. Something to think about as you are comparing sources.
I have a 240 gallon DT sps dominant 3.5 year old system total volume about 275 gallons. Fairly heavy bio load, 30 gallon Refugium with ulva. How much phytoplankton do you suggest?

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a 240 gallon DT sps dominant 3.5 year old system total volume about 275 gallons. Fairly heavy bio load, 30 gallon Refugium with ulva. How much phytoplankton do you suggest?

Hello! It is pretty difficult to overdose live phyto. In short, almost any amount added on a consistent basis will be beneficial. The organisms that consume it will grow and multiply to a point of equilibrium. This will be very beneficial to the system. The phyto feeds some organisms (including some corals) directly, and other organisms and corals consume the increased pods, offspring, and microorganisms that multiply because of the increased phytoplankton available. The phyto also consumes nutrients until it is consumed itself.

Having said that, I usually recommend starting to dose at 3ml/10gallons of system volume per day. So, for your system, about 85ml/day would probably be a good place to start. This will actually give you more phyto cells than most other brands because I grow and ship the phyto at much denser levels than most growers. As you observe, you can increase this amount by several times if you want (my smallest system is a 40 breeder with 20 sump, and I dose about 150ml/day). Or, a smaller amount would be okay too.

Fresh live phyto will keep for quite a while in the fridge. It is best to give it a gentle shake once a day. For the first month, there really isn’t any noticeable change. During the second month, the motile cells become less active, but there is still a fair amount of activity. By the end of the third month, there isn’t really any activity, but the cells are still intact. If a new culture is started with the three-month old sample, it will grow and some of the cells will be motile. So, using the phyto within a month would be ideal, within two months is fine, and even three months is probably okay.

So, I would probably go with either 64oz or a gallon.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

luxfamchiro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! It is pretty difficult to overdose live phyto. In short, almost any amount added on a consistent basis will be beneficial. The organisms that consume it will grow and multiply to a point of equilibrium. This will be very beneficial to the system. The phyto feeds some organisms (including some corals) directly, and other organisms and corals consume the increased pods, offspring, and microorganisms that multiply because of the increased phytoplankton available. The phyto also consumes nutrients until it is consumed itself.

Having said that, I usually recommend starting to dose at 3ml/10gallons of system volume per day. So, for your system, about 85ml/day would probably be a good place to start. This will actually give you more phyto cells than most other brands because I grow and ship the phyto at much denser levels than most growers. As you observe, you can increase this amount by several times if you want (my smallest system is a 40 breeder with 20 sump, and I dose about 150ml/day). Or, a smaller amount would be okay too.

Fresh live phyto will keep for quite a while in the fridge. It is best to give it a gentle shake once a day. For the first month, there really isn’t any noticeable change. During the second month, the motile cells become less active, but there is still a fair amount of activity. By the end of the third month, there isn’t really any activity, but the cells are still intact. If a new culture is started with the three-month old sample, it will grow and some of the cells will be motile. So, using the phyto within a month would be ideal, within two months is fine, and even three months is probably okay.

So, I would probably go with either 64oz or a gallon.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
What would the total price be for 64 oz bottle?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back