OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I will harvest phyto Monday evening and ship live, 8-species blend on Tuesday. As always, full satisfaction guaranteed. Prices, sizes, and info are in the first post. Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PMed you. I have purchased some in the past and time to re-up. Very happy with the products I have received previously. Great seller!

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
All of the orders have shipped. Everyone should have received an email with the tracking number. Please let me know if there are any problems.

TAKING ORDERS FOR NEXT WEEK. I am traveling this week, so my responses may be a little slow. I will harvest on Monday and ship on Tuesday. As always, 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I will harvest phyto Monday evening and ship live, 8-species blend on Tuesday. As always, full satisfaction guaranteed. Prices, sizes, and info are in the first post. Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
All of the orders have shipped. Everyone should have received an email with the tracking number. Please let me know if there are any problems.

TAKING ORDERS FOR NEXT WEEK. I am traveling this week, so my responses may be a little slow. I will harvest on Monday and ship on Tuesday. As always, 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

wisnia99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 220gal tank just 3 months old and want to feed my pods population. How much of phyto should I dose and how often?
Thanks!

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a 220gal tank just 3 months old and want to feed my pods population. How much of phyto should I dose and how often?
Thanks!

Hello! That's a great idea. It is pretty difficult to overdose live phyto. In short, almost any amount added on a consistent basis will be beneficial. The organisms (like pods) that consume it will grow and multiply to a point of equilibrium. This will be very beneficial to the system. The phyto feeds some organisms (including some corals) directly, and other organisms and corals consume the increased pods, offspring, and microorganisms that multiply because of the increased phytoplankton available. The phyto also consumes nutrients until it is consumed itself.

Having said that, I usually recommend starting to dose at 3ml/10gallons of system volume per day. So, about 65-70ml/day for your sytstem. This will actually give you more phyto cells than most other brands because I grow and ship the phyto at much denser levels than most growers. As you observe, you can increase this amount by several times if you want (my smallest system is a 40 breeder with 20 sump, and I dose about 150ml/day). If it is realistic for you to dose 1ml/gallon, that would be great. Or, a smaller amount would be okay too.

Fresh live phyto will keep for quite a while in the fridge. It is best to give it a gentle shake once a day. For the first month, there really isn’t any noticeable change. During the second month, the motile cells become less active, but there is still a fair amount of activity. By the end of the third month, there isn’t really any activity, but the cells are still intact. If a new culture is started with the three-month old sample, it will grow and some of the cells will be motile. So, using the phyto within a month would be ideal, within two months is alright, and even three months is probably okay.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

OP
OP
E

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Back